Remaps!!

Toledov5boy

Hi all. Who can help??How effective are these remaps? I have been looking up on them and it seems a good shout. Only thing that worrys me is because Im suffering a slight loss of power atm is this gonna be a pointless excercise? If not can anyone give me an idea of whats best and where they are available?

Thanks guys

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
There is DNA whom a lot of the golf V5 guys recommend and a few on here. GrayT also has a remap by someone else (AMD?) which he rates. I think all would advise though that your car has to be fit and healthy and no fault codes before considering spending you hard earned dosh on a remap.

Toledov5boy

remap

Thanks kewe, yh the only thing is I have gone to all lengths to try and resolve this power loss but garages and even special contacts cant seem to work it out. The cars done 132k so im sure I cud put it down to tired engine but im sure a lot of v5s hold a hell of a lot more miles. There are no fault codes on diag either and was suggested to try an ecu remap. Was just after a second opinion really as u guys seem to know the score. Will check out what u suggested so thanks bud

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
OK mate, but if you decide to go for the DNA remap sign up at the golf V5 forums to get a discount on the price.

h**p://golfv5.co.uk/phpbb3/

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I agree that any remapper worth their salt will suggest underlying problems are sorted first. I know it's a pain when you can't find a fault but I just wouldn't bother on a car that's underperforming anyway. Seems like a waste of money.

AMD put it on a rolling road both pre and post remap so at least I know mine was puting out the right kind of bhp beforehand. I do rate AMD and I've had no negative issues some years later. DNA is cheaper and I haven't come across any negative reactions to their remap so it may be equally as good - AMD just happened to be the one touted on here for the V5 at the time I got it done.

Toledov5boy

Thanks guys. Will hold back 4 now since like u say there is no point wasting the money if something's already not right. This power problem just frustrates and I hope it can b resolved soon. Really grateful for ur input though

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
I got my 110 TDI re-mapped by Angel Tuning, it was only £235.00, unleashed the beast would be an understatment, they didn't do the rolling road test, but it definatly feels over 150 bhp, well worth it.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Thanks guys. Will hold back 4 now since like u say there is no point wasting the money if something's already not right. This power problem just frustrates and I hope it can b resolved soon. Really grateful for ur input though

My mates V5 had a failing air mass meter that left him with a weak car. His engine light didn't show and there were not fault codes, but if we did a code reset, it would also reset the fuel trims, and cause his car to run really badly.

Try a code reset and see if you end up with it running even worse. If you do, I'd say get the air mass meter swapped out.

sgtcortez

I've done a poo Daddy
Jul 26, 2009
Cornwall
Yorkshire Bob, Is this the angel tuning at Roche? £235 sounds very resonable:D What kind of map did you go for?

I have 110 tdi se and i am tempted:whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members