Remote control Key programming

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
i'm going to be near Birmingham at some point over the next few weeks doing keys if that's any good to you. I've done a fair few for people on here & the other VAG forums

zx6rninja_rider

How much are we talking for a remote fob to be cut and programmed to the car

jez01

Next time your in the Birmingham area id be interested in getting it done. I think i saw on one of the other threads you can supply the keys too. How much would it be all in or just to get it coded and maybe removing a lost keys transponder? cheeers

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yes mate i supply keys as well, email or text me the 1st half of your post code & i'll sort a price out

craigynett@gmail. com
07900 600546

Also any keys not present are automatically deleted from the system when programming new keys

FizzyFR

Thanks for doing my key at the weekend and thanks for helping me out with the other problem, proper good job :)

One question, on the olk fob it opens all doors at the same time, with the new one it's selective opening (one press for drivers door, two presses to open all doors) I presume I'll have to use VCDS with this new fob to re-select the option to open all doors at once?

Cheers.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Thanks for doing my key at the weekend and thanks for helping me out with the other problem, proper good job :)

One question, on the olk fob it opens all doors at the same time, with the new one it's selective opening (one press for drivers door, two presses to open all doors) I presume I'll have to use VCDS with this new fob to re-select the option to open all doors at once?

Cheers.

That's a function of the convenience/central electronics module not the key itself.

Dependent on the age of your car it'll be available as a normal adaption or a long coding alteration.

FizzyFR

It's just that with the original key it opens all doors, with the new key it opens the drivers with one click and two clicks for all doors. Also with the new jey i
the car must be turned off and the key removed to open the boot, the old key I could leave it running and the boot would open.

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
was the old key an aftermarket system? the way the new key works sounds correct. I have to pul my key out of the a3 to operate the locks or boot.

FizzyFR

No it's the original key with the car. I was able to do the same on my old Leon, leave it running, open door then open boot (keeps the baby asleep etc) This new key just won't let me do this, I just don't understand why not.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
It's strange because as it's the car that's coded for selective locking both remotes should do the same. Definitely need to get VCDS plugged in to check it

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Next time your in the Birmingham area id be interested in getting it done. I think i saw on one of the other threads you can supply the keys too. How much would it be all in or just to get it coded and maybe removing a lost keys transponder? cheeers

Have you had this sorted? I'm heading to Birmingham later this month

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
Quite bizaar, i have had a report of a key i sold has now reversed the buttons. ie lock now unlocks. going to have a look at it shortly, wonder if there are some iffy remotes filtering there way into the uk distributers.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
that is bizarre, never heard of that before. I've never had a single problem with any of the VAG remotes i've done other than the odd battery not lasting very long. I've easily done 100+ VAG remotes so far this year & god knows how many last year. The majority of which came from the same supplier.

You getting loads of time wasters on the forum? it's surprising how many people ask for help/advice then when you reply they don't even bother to get back to you

claudiu666

Can you help me with Seat Leon 2006 1.6 petrol ? Came only with one key I am in Bristol. Thank you

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.