Remote control Key programming

claudiu666

Great :D . Could you tell how much is it going to cost and also do you provide the key? Also I haven' t got the skc code . Could you also activate cornering lights ? :p

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yes i provide the key. My equipment reads the SKC code so doesn't matter if you don't have it. Ye s can activate cornering lights. Price is £110 in total which includes a share of my traveling costs which you're splitting evenly with my other customers

claudiu666

Great could you send me pm with you details please, and I will give you my details after as well . Thank you

nealo

Oct 12, 2007
Guisborough
Hi all. Trying to programme remote key for my wife's 57 plate altea.
I followed the guide above which is also in the handbook I.e:
1.spare key used to open car and turn ignition on
2.remote key used to lock car then press lock button (lights flash once, which they do!)
3.press unlock button. (Nothing happens)

Is it something wrong with car rather than key?
I managed to get 2 used key fobs off eBay with circuit boards and experience the same thing.
It's nothing to do with the transponder is it? Think that's just for the immobiliser?
Any help appreciated. My wife is having to use the key to open the door and put it in the ignition to turn the alarm off. Not ideal while juggling a 1yr old and a 2yr old :)

hodge93

Oct 22, 2013
Well.. i just put my key in the ignition. Ignored the above - pressed the unlock button once. Took out the key. Hey presto - its working. Lol

Danlat

03 plate Ibiza 1.2 here. Tried pretty much every method listed but still wont work. LED flashes on press, and if I hold the button the LED flashes on and off continuously. But no response from the car no matter what I do... feels like it may be expensive :( any suggestions ?

Eitp

Seat altea same issue as quoted when key syncing

Hi ,

I have a 2004 Seat Altea 2.0 TDI Sport, my remote stopped working so i replaced the battery but since then it hasnt worked. Luckily i have a spare that im using.

i followed these intruction on here but its not worked....

- car is locked
- unlock with normal key manually at drivers doorlock
- IGN ON with normal key ... leave it there
- use NEW remote key to lock the car manually at drivers doorlock
- remove remote key from doorlock
- press "lock" at the NEW key, indicator lights will flash
- then hold the "unlock" for ~3 sec. and indicators will flash long and the doors should unlock
- coding procedure should be successfully finished.

When i hold the "unlock" for 3 seconds my indicators dont flash???

can anyone help?

Where do I go from here?

tailights0

Nov 18, 2011
manchester
remote key stopped working

Hello on a hot day my alarm kept going off now my remote key won't lock or set the alarm..if I put it in the door and manually lock it the alarm works.. I have a second key but no remote and this key will start the car I've tried and can't even get the indicators to flash???? Any ideas please.... It's like the car won't see the key unless I use it manually. And yes it's got a new battery in it lol thanks in advance

corf

Hi all,

My spare key for my altea xl isn't working. It's the type of key that has no buttons just one that you press and it has a little search light. It sets the alarm off when opening the doors and brings the coil up when I put it in the ignition. any ideas if there is a recoding process that I can do myself?

Last edited by a moderator:

paulmeldrum

Aug 4, 2014
Durham
Help for a newbie please, I have just purchased a 2002 Leon 1.4 as a run about, however the remote locking does not work, it works perfectly off the key, the car has a meta alarm on the car, I believe this is an after market part, the car does not have a little red light on the door pin inside so it did not originally have an alarm I believe, I have tried various methods of reprogramming the remote locking with no joy, I have purchased a 2nd key fob off ebay and this one also will not operate my remote locking, I follow all the procedures but I do not get 5 flashes on my fob, the little meta alarm light flashes on and off but thats it, no lock unlock, nothing?

the procedures I have tried,

key in ignition, turn so lights on then remove straight away (and leave in for 5 secs)
then hold lock/unlock press the other 3 times then the car should lock unlock = nothing

key in drivers door (with other non button key in ignition and without)
turn to unlock 3 times leaving .5 seconds inbetween then remove = nothing

place key into drivers lock hold unlock button, lock then unlock twice then press unlock again = nothing

has anyone got any other ideas or anyone in the Durham area fancy giving it a go for me please?

Last edited:

mbloor2

I have a seat Cordoba 1.9 diesel I only have 1 key to operate automatic locking but does not work the central locking I have spare key chipped but no automatic locking how can I recode the original key

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Hi guys - Ive bought an LCR with 1 key, It operates the ignition, The fob I was told is a VW one? Obviously the remote wont work, And oddly the previous owner filled the drivers lock with some kind of Aryldite super glue, So that is deemed out of action,

What on earth do I do? As my cars just parked up unlocked!

Chrissy,

burnmw

Nov 12, 2014
Hi guys, just stumbled across this forum/thread whilst researching my new Altea.

It's come with only one key (the flip fob), and no manual key/plastic code thing, I have a friend who has access to VagCom so he should be able to sort me out (I'm assuming that using the software I don't need the plastic code thing?) so my only real question is:

The current key is the twin button type, if I get a triple button will that work? As in, will I be able to use the third tailgate button?

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
VCDS won't extract your SKC (secret key code) which is a PIN you need to access the immo and code a new transponder. But VCDS can make use of the SKC once you get it.
But seeing as your key has two buttons I guess it is 2004-2006ish? In that case you can research VAG Commander versions for sale.
I did a third key for my Altea for ~£25.

Mart_Jos

Mar 6, 2016
Hi Guys,
I recently bought a 2006 Leon 2.0 TDI 16V. I am having problems with the central locking. When i press the buttons on the fob they do not open nor lock the car but the light on the fob does flash. Also when i open car via the door lock only the drive side open neither the passenger nor the boot and rear doors open. Another thing is that the interior lock and unlock button will only lock the car not open. Its a pain to open all door manual especially the boot.
Can anyone help me please

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.