Removal of engine cover for pump.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
I'm having some new KDM pump internals fitted by JBS soon. I'm no mechanic but i'm assuming the engine cover needs removing to do this.

After reading a few threads on here about how the engine cover can foul parts of the fuel system i'm a little worried. This is because i'm thinking its one of the those bits on the car that once messed with can start causing problems?

Anyone any experience/thoughts on this?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
mine came loose and snapped off the sensor on top of the fuel pump.
if put on properly they should stay in place.
but the design is pants , there are no real fixings keeping it in place , just doghnut type rubber rings fitting over tapered lugs.

i am changing to a cai to get rid of my engine cover as soon as i can.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Get a decent intake on ASAP to ditch the P.O.S engine cover. You really need it for the software upgrade you are intending on having fitted anyway and yes, you do need the engine cover off to access the pump.

To take the engine cover off, pull it toward the front of the car and upward a little, but be careful to handle it from the more secure/sturdy area to the rear as they are made of thin plastic and are really flimsy. When the front two are off (require a reasonable pull) the back ones come off by lifting the engine cover to 40 degrees or so and lifting it off.

Before doing any of this however, disconnect the MAF and remove the tubing from the diverter valve to the Turbo intake pipe that is connected to the engine cover. Also bear in mind the engine cover needs to be disconnected from the turbo intake pipe using the 2 metal clips.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Really don't like the sound of that!

As soon as this ITG intake comes out i'm gonna get one on there.

Thanks for the info dj, i may seek some more when i'm trying to fit the CAI if it goes tits up :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.