Removal of plastic underbonnet scuttle cover

costa

Hi Guys,

I have the usual problem of a water leak running in on the driver's side and dripping off the bonnet release lever. I have read all topics on this and it looks as though I will have to remove the plastic scuttle cover under the bonnet to get at the problem. I know I will have to remove the wipers to remove the scuttle but are there any other things I should watch out for?

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
you will need to take off the cover for the pollen filter, just make sure when u put it back together the wipers are in the correct place or they will end up fighting with each other which is funny.

costa

Thanks for this. Is that the cover in the scuttle itself or is there another cover underneath on the pollen filter?

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
on the scuttle itself u see it as soon as u lift bonnet on the passenger side, will need to remove 2 screws, easy to take out
not so easy to put back in the cover tho.

I had to do this to sort out my rattling alarm problem.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Just noticed mine is leeking on the drivers side to!

Plenty of threads on this, most point towards the seal between the 2 panels on the bulkhead or poorly sealed gromets.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
the scuttle should be free draining, so check the holes are not clogged up with leaves etc, and check the cable release grommit isnt split or perished.

costa

Thank you all for your advice. Now just need to get on with it.