Removal of the "S" in centre grill

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
ye, pop the whole centre grill out, the badge is plastic welded to the outer black plastic, when you turn it round there are 2 lupms of plastic, just cut these off then it will just slide backwards out of the grill. be careful when you pull the badge out as there is the flimsy black lines that make the S

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
I removed mine yesterday mate was easy.

Just cut away the plastic welded pins on the rear, then with a flat head screw driver gently lift the top part and push, it will come free at the top and then same at the bottom.

Take the bumper off the car makes it 100x easier. If you can wait I will get some pictures later tonight when I am home of mine sprayed and removed.

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Come on Kyle lol

Sorry mate, realsied when i got home I still don't have the interet at my new house!

Here are the picutres, sorry they are so late. As you can see the two pins that are plastic welded on the bumper come through the chrome part of the badge. Simply cut/sand/ burn then off ( you can see my cutting marks from the dremel) and the badge can then be push/pulled out from the back side of the bumper.

Hope that helps.

IMG00099-20090517-1243.jpg

IMG00095-20090515-1857.jpg

IMG00096-20090515-1858.jpg

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
So now how do you re-secure it into position of do you just push it in and hope it stays..??

You only have to cut off a very small amount so there is still enough that when you put the badge back you can a) use a soldering iron to melt the pins or b) use superglue to hold it in.

I plan to use my soldering iron to melt plastic back over the pins and then some superglue on top lol

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
You only have to cut off a very small amount so there is still enough that when you put the badge back you can a) use a soldering iron to melt the pins or b) use superglue to hold it in.

I plan to use my soldering iron to melt plastic back over the pins and then some superglue on top lol

Ahh right makes sense then...:)

Will put this on my to do list...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members