Removal of wax from trims

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
Afternoon all.

As the title says - I have some wax on the black trims of my car and its driving me insane.

Everything I do seems to hide it for a short time rather then remove it.

Anyone have a sure fix solution?

I don't fancy wiping my urine over the back of the car. and the peanut butter? does that actually work?

thanks for your help!

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I normally use an APC solution (all purpose cleaner) and a soft brush, like a baby nailbrush or old toothbrush if the black plastic is textured. If it's plain or on rubber seals, just an old microfibre cloth. Usually does the trick. I then use a rubber/plastic protectant like CarPro PERL, Raceglaze Colour Enhance or CarPro DLUX for a more permanent coating.

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
Toothbrush and some trim cleaner is a good idea, next time maybe mask off any areas that could be affected or us a product that works on rubber, plastic and trim ;)

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
If you mean removing the white dried on wax from black plastic trim bits. There is a simple cheap way of doing it. Use a pencil rubber (erasure) to rub it out. It works, I've used on many times on my car.

PS: I've heard of Peanut butter, but where did you read about peeing on it?

Josephine

Dec 31, 2014
Toothbrush and some trim cleaner is a good idea, next time maybe mask off any areas that could be affected or us a product that works on rubber, plastic and trim ;)

Yes, I agree with you home remedies are best way that was applied for the removal of wax from trims.

Pandybmx

Jan 30, 2013
ValetPro Black To The Future, wipe on, leave 5 mins, wipe off and its black :)

Smurphh

May 11, 2015
WD40 trick worked lovely. just checked it an hour after rubbing the trims down and looks a lovely matte now.