Removed features

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
Tried enabling this feature on my July built FR184. The door electrics module codes okay but the central electrics module does'nt want to know - throws up an error message. I guess SEAT UK are correct.
Have you checked the hardware code is correct with a car that works? I mean the hardware may have been downgraded.

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
Have you checked the hardware code is correct with a car that works? I mean the hardware may have been downgraded.

Not tried another car. Hardware may well have been downgraded. I only tried it out of curiousity. It's not a feature I've had on a car before so I don't miss what I don't have to be honest.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
That's interesting although I am sure being VAGCOM? would void the warranty. A quick call to SEAT UK CS elicits the answer tha there is currently no software upgrade for this feature. The answer was given very quickly and so I guess that he had been asked this Q many times.
Let's keep pressing especially with senior members having good contacts at high level in SEAT UK. Probably the big cheeses don't even know what a reverse tilt kerb function is from the back of their limos.

I phoned SEAT UK a week or so ago about this feature (reverse mirror tilt kerb function) and why it had reappeared in the SEAT UK October 2013 price list, and they said it would be reinstated from factory build week 45. But they didn't seem to think this meant it could be retrospectively programmed back in for previous build-week Leons after the feature was dropped.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
That sucks. What hardware can they remove to disable it, is it not all software driven? Sounds like they have fixed the bugs or are saving it as a "new" feature for cars being delivered in 2014.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
It's possibly software driven but the firmware on the car is newer and has that functionality removed and so when the coding is applied to enable the feature the firmware doesn't know what it means and so can't do anything.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I phoned SEAT UK a week or so ago about this feature (reverse mirror tilt kerb function) and why it had reappeared in the SEAT UK October 2013 price list, and they said it would be reinstated from factory build week 45.

Guess I'll find out as I've been allocated week 45.

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
Without getting the hardware code from a working car it is difficult to compare. on My late mk6 golf I had to change both door modules and the mirror to get it to work as the memory module is actualy in the mirror and needs compatable modules. I am trying to get the vin from my car (week 40) so my friend at seat technical can look into it.

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
Enabled the Mirror Tilt function on third attempt. Schoolboy error on my part...:whistle: I hadn't switched off the Infotainment system whilst trying to activate the menu function for the Tilt. You live and learn. Working a treat now.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Enabled the Mirror Tilt function on third attempt. Schoolboy error on my part...:whistle: I hadn't switched off the Infotainment system whilst trying to activate the menu function for the Tilt. You live and learn. Working a treat now.

That's great news, any chance of posting what needs to be done to enable it for us newbies? or did you just have to follow the site I posted before?

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
He He He I have made worse mistakes than that. This is great info, so there must be a firmware update due out for the build week 45 to remove the bugs. I am realy pleased they didn't down grade the hardware :D

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
Just spoke to seat and mine is build week 42 =[ and won't be getting the tilting mirror soo I am abit annoyed about tbh for sake of 3 weeks =\

Last edited:

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
Yeh just need some one near by with the software. To do so lol

And has any one discussed this with there dealer at all annd did you manage to get any money back or anything to compensate ? I gues they would probably tell you whare to go Nicely but don't ask ya don't get lol

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Yeh just need some one near by with the software. To do so lol

And has any one discussed this with there dealer at all annd did you manage to get any money back or anything to compensate ? I gues they would probably tell you whare to go Nicely but don't ask ya don't get lol

The feature was removed from the brochure during the period so not much for anyone to go on unfortunately.

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
Yep, as feature removed week 16 prior to order being placed it doesn't count. A friend I have at seat technical has com firmed an updated software is being made, so it would be worth having a word with the dealer. I had my week 40 build car checked and the hardware is able to do it ( this has been proved above with vcds recoding)

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
ahh right fair enough then lol and hopefully they may offer the update at the dealers to enable the feature on again :D thanks for the info :)

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
I phoned SEAT UK a week or so ago about this feature (reverse mirror tilt kerb function) and why it had reappeared in the SEAT UK October 2013 price list, and they said it would be reinstated from factory build week 45. But they didn't seem to think this meant it could be retrospectively programmed back in for previous build-week Leons after the feature was dropped.

When I collected my new Leon last week, I was given a note explaining that reinstatement of the mirror reverse kerb function has been delayed from planned build week 45 and will not now be included until build week 49 2013 (2 December 2013) and also that it cannot be retro fitted or recoded.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.