Removing aftermarket dumpvalve

TWR_Jaguar

Hi,
How easy is it to remove an aftermarket dump valve and put back to standard. Does anyone have a diagram for the piping etc?
Just want to get the car stock as I'm still undecided whether to keep the car or go back to a Jag. This dam dump valve is the only aftermarket thing in this car.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
They fit excatly the same [assuming its a recirc valve?] just remove and replace with the old one........not sure why you'd want to tho?

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi,
How easy is it to remove an aftermarket dump valve and put back to standard. Does anyone have a diagram for the piping etc?
Just want to get the car stock as I'm still undecided whether to keep the car or go back to a Jag. This dam dump valve is the only aftermarket thing in this car.

think this has something to do with it ;)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
What I meant is why take off an uprated part to put on a part thats well known to fail.

I'd understand if it was a chavy bodykit etc but its only a little metal valve :)

TWR_Jaguar

That goes whooooooshhhhh lol. tbh, I wouldn't mind trying to px it with a Jag but I got more of a chance without the dv. There is a nice twin turbo XJ6 on ebay atm ;-)
2nd question, does anyone have their orignal dump valve?

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
could ask 'dirty' and 'ConradJellyfish' on here they had one for sale, or look through the accessories for sale section or on ebay

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
That goes whooooooshhhhh lol. tbh, I wouldn't mind trying to px it with a Jag but I got more of a chance without the dv. There is a nice twin turbo XJ6 on ebay atm ;-)

I've got my original one, what dumpvalve do you have fitted?

TWR_Jaguar

Ebay is rubbish. Just comes up with loads of forge ones etc.
I'm not sure what dv I have. I'll have a look tomorrow

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire

If its the only mod and it was the 007 it would'nt go Whoooooohhhhh you wouldnt be able to hear it , now if you removed the bonnet lining a re-map and fitted a jetex cone then you would hear it. :cartman:

TWR_Jaguar

Ah, when I searched for leon dump valve, didnt come up with what i wanted

TWR_Jaguar

Got a replacement diverter valve. Turned out that the one I had on there was a full atmos Bailey's dv-didn't throw up a fault code though.
Anyways, fitted a turbo dynamics valve in the end, after spending ages trying to get the bung out of the intake pipe. Just got to sort out the manifold to turbo gasket blow now. Tried tightening the bolts and exhaust paste but no luck. Looks like a new gasket.