** Removing Clocks?? **

Emms

Hey,

Anyone removed there clock (& maybe changed the 'bulbs')?

Any info' on how to remove them?

Cheers

stinkypete

Aug 22, 2007
Chesterfield
I've had to replace bulbs behind the speedo etc - it's fairly easy to actually unfasten everything - Haynes manual will show you where all the screws are etc, however you can't remove the clock set without having the wheel off (well I couldn't anyhow!) No matter how many different ways I tried, it wouldn't come out. Didn't want to mess with the wheel because of the airbag. I could move it away enough to change the bulbs no probs though.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Yeah, if you've got an airbag wheel you have to take that off to get the dials completely out. If you don't have an airbag then the clocks will come out with the wheel still on.

From memory four screws around the binnacle once you've pulled the plastic insert out from inside the binnacle.

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
I you have the take the stearing wheel off, there are 2 alan key holes in the back.. undo those and the airbag comes lose then you need a huge socket to under the bolt in the middle. Easy enough.. I done it. x

dirtbiker

Dec 28, 2006
Southampton / Nottingham
From memory four screws around the binnacle once you've pulled the plastic insert out from inside the binnacle.

There are actually two cross head screws in the top of the binnacle surround. Once you've got the surround out then there are two more cross head screws that hold the dials in place (be careful not to drop these!). The dials then fold forwards and can be wiggled out of the dash. The nut that holds the steering wheel on is (IIRC) 24mm, but probably check this first!

Emms

If thats ok to have that haynes manual that would be wicked - many thanks:D

ChrisBowe82

Hi, I remember my mk2 and had the dials out many times (1st for paintin them silver.... then coz the needles except the speedo???...stopped working)

Anyway..
1,Remove the surround (two crosshead screws at the top)

2. unscrew the instrument panel (2 screws, 1 each side)

3. It will then rock forwards, just take it off the supports, push it back, and squeeze it out the top of the steering wheel over the horn (mine didnt have an airbag though

4.Search for screws that fell behind dash...

5. swear a lot, and admire grazed forearm...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise