Removing plastic bit from dash

tonix

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here and my first question. :)

Sorry if it has been posted before, i tried searching but didn't find anything useful.

I would like to remove a plastic bit between the rear window heater button and the cup holder, because i'd like to fit a custom cellphone holder in there. It looks like a button, but it's not.

I've tried removing it using a screwdriver and pushing it into a little slot around it, but it just doesn't want to come off. Any ideas or experience how to get it out?

Here's the picture of that bit:

Thanks for the help.

Regards from Slovenia. :)

tonix

Jun 28, 2001
remove the radio and lower tray undo the 4 torx screws in the sides of the facia and remove the whole thing thats unfortunaly the only way you can get them out.
but that is where the passenger airbag disabling warining light is normally located when you remove it you might find a connector plugged into the back of it if there is disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes then disconnect the connector look into the back of it and see if there is any terminals int the back of it if there is there will be a resitor in the unit so you can remove it and youll have to find another place to locate yuor device

tonix

Huh, sounds complicated.

There's nothing written there in my car and it can't be pushed in.

Thanks for the help goble :).

tonix

I bought my Ibiza in October 2006, model year 2007. Maybe they made some changes in model years?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members