replace front indicator bulb-help

em-j

Hi
I need to replace the front indicator bulb on my Alhambra (yr '97). I can't work out how to get to it:shrug:, any advise from anyone?:blink:

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
I think from memory that above the indicator there is a large philips type screw at the top of the unit. If you slacken this off then pull the indicator unit forward this allows you access to the back of the lamp and to the bulb - also for info behind the right hand unit there is the air con top up pipe and behind the left hand unit is the cruise control vacuum pump.

Lambchop

easy fix this one..
in the wheel well (plastic inner wing)is a panel about 4" square it slides down so you can get to the bulbs (indicator and side light) the indicator also has a "puller" on it so you can twist it out...

i found this out after i tried to remove the light unit to fix a broken bulb

hope this helps

ps this was on a 2000

em-j

cheers, got a friend looking at it for me so hopefully with your help we'll sort it easily. What a fuss for a bulb!!:rolleyes:

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
easy fix this one..
in the wheel well (plastic inner wing)is a panel about 4" square it slides down so you can get to the bulbs (indicator and side light) the indicator also has a "puller" on it so you can twist it out...

hope this helps

ps this was on a 2000

Thats correct for the headlamp indicator.. on a 2000 onwards.. Not sure if its right for a '97 tho.. different lamp units...

em-j

I think from memory that above the indicator there is a large philips type screw at the top of the unit. If you slacken this off then pull the indicator unit forward this allows you access to the back of the lamp and to the bulb - also for info behind the right hand unit there is the air con top up pipe and behind the left hand unit is the cruise control vacuum pump.

This turned out to be the right way for my model, was really simple. Just one screw, and then the whole unit comes out and the bulb slots in the back of it. Easy peasy. Thanks for your help guys.:clap:

mikeyb21473

Apr 24, 2009
Plymouth
easy fix this one..

hope this helps

ps this was on a 2000

been wondering about this for a while, as would like to swap orange indicator bulbs for the Osram silver versions. Oh and my change side lights too to mach HID colour [B)] ;)

Lambchop

I did my side lights a few weeks ago and put LED bulbs in and wasn't that impressed so i replaced them with some with 4 led's in them and they look a lot better and should look mint when i get the HIDs in..

just be care full when putting the bulbs back in as it's a bit tight and you have to make sure they're turned all the way in or thet'll bounce out.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members