Replacement body panel availability for the Formentor

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
After a slight interface with something else my Formentor needs a new nearside wing (and as a hybrid it's the one with the charging flap), probably a nearside wheel arch finisher (the grey bit around the wheel arch).

Due to backlogs, Covid, courtesy car availability etc, blah blah the car can't be booked in until the end of October (the incident occurred in mid July!).

The repair centres initial assessment was done via photos, I can't imagine they'd order parts on the basis of the photos and would therefore wait until they have physically checked / stripped down the car.

Can anyone comment / advise on the availability of body panels for the Formentor as I'm wondering if there's any point putting it in for repair until the panels are available / at the repairers.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
You must have been devastated, I would be!

You could try contacting Andy at [email protected], they are sponsors on here. They sell the arches here Wheel Arches. I bought and fitted a rear one myself it was an easy job. Good luck with it and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Reactions: dashnine

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
It seems the parts are / were available, although the three and a half month wait before it went in the bodyshop might be the wait for a wing.

I've just had an update that it's being put back together with another call - hopefully with a delivery date, on Wednesday.

Reactions: oldgitdave

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
And just for completeness, got the car back yesterday after two weeks and a day, a perfect job by L&I Eaton Birmingham via Admiral insurance. Don’t think it was a cheap job as a scratch on the wheel (only part of the damage) has resulted in what looks like a new wheel and (matching) Bridgestone tyre.

A bit of an ouch on the excess payment as I typically volunteer a high excess in return for low premiums, but this time it’s bitten me on the bum.

Reactions: oldgitdave

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I used to supply a couple of L&I Eaton Bodyshop’s with parts, always a very thorough job done, sometimes I felt to excess, ie new nuts/bolts for every part being changed, meant big sales for me but lots of part number checking, sorry ot, often panels for newish models are hard to source as all panels are required for new build cars and hence spare parts are not readily available to dealers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members