Replacement tyres

exmgman

Nov 30, 2009
My 63 pate Petrol FR needs a set of new tyres not bad at 26k miles.
Currently on OEM Bridgestones, They've been OK but perhaps not as good as the Pirellis on my old Mk2 Leon.
Anybody got recommendations or experience of other brands?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Changed run flat Bridgestone on a bmw for michelin crossclimates via black circles. Transformed the car, handling and noise and mpg. No regrets for £80 per corner. Just waiting for leon tyres to wear out

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Pilot Sport 4's are probably the best you can get at the moment as a premium fast road tyre and are better than the Asymmetric 3's from GY.
The Pilot Super Sports are even better but are due to be updated and sold as the Pilot Sport 4S.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Changed run flat Bridgestone on a bmw for michelin crossclimates via black circles. Transformed the car, handling and noise and mpg. No regrets for £80 per corner. Just waiting for leon tyres to wear out

Thats interesting.

I was looking at mine yesterday as somebody commented the car was noisey. Mine has Bridge Potenza S001. Had a look at them on Mytyres and the Eu eco/roll rating is E or F. Found several other tyres with much better ratings on roll, wet grip and lower noise.

Are these run flats then ? Wasn't aware.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.