Replacing drivers seat

MDouglas9CR

I'm planning to replace the drivers seat on my Leon Tdi Sport with an OPG seat and harness. Reason for doing this is that factory seat is giving me back problems and either I change the seat or the car!

Has anyone already done this? Things I'm aware of..
1. Airbag in drivers seat must be deactivated.
2. Factory seatbelt can't be used -lock is built into seat so harness is required.
3. Seatbelt alarm for drivers seat must be deactivated.
4. Need to make a plate adapter to fit OPG seat onto the existing 4 floor bolts.

Looking at other threads, I've found that using VAS 5051/5052 diagnostic machine, I can sort out airbag and seatbelt. Thought I would post to see if any of you more learned types would spot anything else before I get started.

:)

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
A harness is going to be a faf on an "everyday" car. Are you sure there is no way you can fit the lock mechanism to the new seat and use the standard seat belt.

MDouglas9CR

Factory seatbelt with racing seat

Thanks for your comment. I don't think the buckle can be removed from the factory seat due to the wiring for the seatbelt alarm -would prefer to keep the factory seat undamaged so that I can put it back if I choose to sell in later years.

If I just source another seat buckle on a long gooseneck so that I can bolt it down onto the floor, that will work. -Will still have to disable the seatbelt alarm but was going to do that anyway for the harness.

Regards,
MD

make sure it is the seat and not the suspension too hard or the position of the pedals. I find the seat in the Golf very uncomfortable now, its one of the reasons i'm looking to change, hopfully the FR is ok for me.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.