Resale value of yellow cars?

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Going to see a yellow '56 (2007) Cupra TDi at a stealer in the next few days. 6000 miles on the clock, I believe it's going up at about £13300, is this a high price? Do you reckon it could be got down a decent amount?

Also, just wondering if anyone's resold a yellow car, do they fade a lot? Were they difficult to shift or do they go pretty easily?

Sorry for all the questions! Any help appreciated!

Ta!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Personally, my opinion is this.

Why buy an 06 for 13300 when you can go out and buy an 04 with say 25k on the clock for 9k, same car, they have little to worry about as far as going wrong, so save your 4k and go find a cheaper private one. And yes the yellow will be harder to sell.

Its a very individual colour, a lot will say they like it and it looks good, but how many people have ever owned a yellow car ( i have a punto HGT, i loved it with black wheels) they do drop quicker than say red or grey thats for sure. The more neutral the colour the wider the potential audience

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Thanks for the reply!

Only thing I've noticed with trying to buy privately is that there seems to be very few about! I can't actually find any worth a look! Any other places than Autotrader, eBay and Pistonheads you can think of? The 3 colours I was looking at were indeed grey, red and yellow.. lol

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
luna grey looks stunning specially with the colour code'ed bits on the fr... red you see the swirl marks quite bad trust me i have owned 2 red ibiza's and i tryed not to make them swirl but it happened anyway! i havent washed my silver ibiza yet so i cant say....

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I travelled 350 miles because I wanted a good exmple TDI Sport in Yellow.

Loads of Silver, Black and Red up here but all the Yellow's were high mileage or abused... was glad with my sale and didn't pay any less than I would have done for any other colour.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

just incase you didnt know you can get a new one for £700 more

Irfan

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Thanks for replies people.

Irfan, I know this guy will knock money off as it's way overpriced, but I'll give you another shout if I'm still interested afterward!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members