resisance of n80?

peter_cupra197

Jun 29, 2008
cambridgeshire
hi all, as above just wanted to see if anyone new what resistors to use when you remove the evap system? had a search but i would be here all night lol any light on this would be much appreciated. peter

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Think it was Phil that used the same resistor as used for the N112's but it still brought up an EML iirc.

Think its just easier to leave it be and scan it regulary just to make sure its only the N80 causing the EML

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
should be intermittent anyway iirc meaning that the light will only come on randomly. for some thats once a week others longer....

I wouldn;t bother putting a resistor there...leave the plug as is

cuprachrissy

i just leave it unplugged, never had a prob with lights etc

cuprachrissy

oh also did eveyone just remove the vacuum line going to the back of the combi valve? the part where you put the blanking plate in?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Ive been using a 33 or 30ohm 50 watt resistor and i still get the light now and again, i know when it happens so i can avoid it easily. Basically something happens when the car has reached normal operating and if let idle for a while the eml is triggered when the system has been removed.

I have read that the 330ohm 10 watt like the n112's work, but thats on mk4 golfs, so unless someone can measure the resistance at all times to check if its varying i have no idea what to use.

peter_cupra197

Jun 29, 2008
cambridgeshire
thanks for the resposes guys you are all a real help :) cupra chrissy you seem to be a lucky one lol might try my luck but if it is the same as normal it will be a pain in the a**e for me and then try the resistor route.
ps anyone fancy getting the multimeter out over the weekend? :cheers:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members