Retrieving cleared codes - warranty issue

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a Ibiza Cupra 6j 1.4 twin charged car. I bought it 4 months ago. 2 weeks ago the car broke down with a suspected faulty cam chain.

The dealer I bought it form took the car away to diagnose the issue. I visited the car today and one issue is that their is no compression at all on cylinder 3. When they collected the car and before they knew about the compression issue, the mechanic let slip that he had changed the coil packs to fix a misfire off cylinder 3. Which is obviously proof that there was an issue with that cylinder where they sold the car.

At the moment it is a bit of their word against mine.

After the buying th car I connected it too my OBDeleven tool and cleared all the saved fault codes. Including a ton of cylinder 3 misfire codes.

Is there any way that these codes and their time stamp can be retrieved? The would help prove test the car had this issue when it was sold.

Thanks

Deleted member 103408

I cant remember how the fault's get put onto history (you may have to run a backup first).

But select your car and go to history(you dont need to be connected to the car) use the upside down arrow at the top of the screen and filter by Fault, If you have archived your faults then select Show Archived as well and the run this will show you all the faults that OBD11 Has seen and saved. As I say I cant recall if they are loaded after you do a Scan or Backup but you will soon find out.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Coopercupra

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
I cant remember how the fault's get put onto history (you may have to run a backup first).

But select your car and go to history(you dont need to be connected to the car) use the upside down arrow at the top of the screen and filter by Fault, If you have archived your faults then select Show Archived as well and the run this will show you all the faults that OBD11 Has seen and saved. As I say I cant recall if they are loaded after you do a Scan or Backup but you will soon find out.

Hope that helps.

Tried the above, but i guess i didn't archive the codes..... arghhhh

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members