Revo maps, power spikes?

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Morning people,

Had my car remapped last week and first off i will say that the power increase is brilliant!

The only thing i have noticed though is that when flooring it the power comes in bursts, almost like your taking ya foot off the pedal quickly.

Is this just the nature of remaps, or revo maps more to the point?

Or should i get it looked at?

Thanks everyone :)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Do you mean while changing up quickly you gain a few psi each time finally ending up around the 20psi mark? If so my stg1 and my stg2 do it. If you was to load the engine fully up from low revs you should see you 20psi spike in every gear apart from 1st.

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Errrrm, not really sure what u mean there fella, but my problem has nothing to do with the actual changes of gear.

This is all whilst being in theh same gear, say 3rd for example.

Put ya foot down and it boosts for a few seconds then peaks off, then another boost etc

Its not like a consistant power, does that make sence?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Sorry i get what you mean now, to be honest that doesnt sound normal. Do you have a boost gauge? When boosting you should hit peak boost and it will tail off slowly.

So basicly what your saying your hitting boost and then it boosts again kind of like a serge?

N75?

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Yeh thats it mate, almost like a serge of power, then another.

Literally as if you was easing off the pedal then back on again.

Havent got a boost gauge so cant really tell what the boost is, may have to pop it in to be looked at after xmas.

It might just be me, i might just not be used to the way it is.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
yeah sounds like n75 cant open quick enough mine did this when i went BT you can either plumb in another n75 inline with the original one or buy a boost controller and that'll stop it happening

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Hmmmm, im sure ive noticed the actual power diminish over the past week too.

I thought i was just getting used to the extra power, but could be all to do with this problem im talking about.

Seems very quick after having it mapped that this is happening though, and i had a forge dv fitted too. Thought that was gonna do me for now LOL wrong!

So if its what u say, how much will i be looking at for the new part?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
well n75 valve is about 30 quid or boost controller is about 200plus depedning on what you want or get an inline boost valve about £20 or so

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
yeah sounds like n75 cant open quick enough mine did this when i went BT you can either plumb in another n75 inline with the original one or buy a boost controller and that'll stop it happening

or just replace the N75.......

stock parts can easily manage remaps, assuming that the parts aren't faulty.

replace the N75 with a new one

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Cool thanks people, taking it down to AMD later today to be looked at, should be finishing up work early :)

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Yer just spoken to Shaun at AMD, said they will be open.

LOL, ill probably get down there and they'll say, na mate nothing wrong with it!! hahaha

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Sounds like u def hav a problem mate, prob just wont do it when they look at it, then come back as soon as you drive away lol, cars love to be tempremental like that! :)

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Is it petrol or diesel though??

Do diesels have an N75 valve?? :confused:

Can you tell I just drive cars! :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.