Revo Stage 2 - does Induction kit REALLY (and i mean REALLY) make a difference?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey all....

Now I know that Revo state that an induction/CAI kit is required for Stage2 maps (which I have)..

but do you REALLY need one? Does it really affect the power of the car? Does it help the running/figures etc?

Or is it possible to get away with an uprated panel filter, such as the Green filters?

I'm toying with the idea of removing my Carbonio CAI, and replacing with my standard airbox, with a decent panel filter in. I'd assume that I will need a decent cold feed to the box, but I don't think that could be too hard.......

Thanks
Paul

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Carbonio should flow well with clean filter in the end of it, but std airbox with larger feed and green panel filter can also flow well.
IMHO either, but stock airbox is going to stay cleaner longer in the filter dept

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
hmmm ok.

What do you recommend for a feed to a std airbox? The same type of hose as supplied with a BMC-CDA? And I assume the feed would go down next to the fog-light?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my carbonio to remove the dv/CAI noise, and to make it easier to clean/replace the filter.

Might not do it, but we'll see.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
i have a 3" cold air feed next to my fog light pabs i got some tubing from a plumbers merchants its the same sort they use with tumbledryers but black

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ah ok. I don't want to end up having to reduce the timing/boost due to seeing higher CF's..... and i would assume with less airflow this would be the case.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh, just don't think i'm going to remove my induction kit at the moment. Will clean my filter when i get the chance.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ok peeps... considering this more now.

So, if i were to re-install my standard airbox, (I might have to run standard filter for a short while) and then install a green filter, what the best size hose/ducting to use with little modification? 4" seems to be mentioned, but would 80mm be ok, and would it deffo fit?

Is it still best to keep the hose going down to foglight level, or is it ok in the OEM position, next to the headlight?

Does smoothing out the box REALLY make a difference - I don't want to do it if it doesn't make a difference, trying to keep it back to standard as possible.

Please keep this to LC only - LCR has a different box (so it seems from reading other threads) and i do NOT want to relocate the battery or anything.

Thanks!

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
I got more g/s with a smooth box and 100mm feed that with a BMC.

I've also seen the highest g/s on stg1 1.8t's all seem to come from mod'd airboxee - 185g/s is achievable. Whats the max you've had on your CAI?

gazjones

ive just got smoothed air box and green filter and seens better than induction kit i know j@mes has smoothed air box and very large cold air feed
im running ver high boost and timing 9 and8

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well, when i first had it installed (with clean filter) - i did see a good 185g/s.... but now with a dirty filter i expect a lot less.

All i'm worried about is by changing back i don't want to hold the car back, and cause more CF's as less air is getting in.

If I can use a std airbox (unmodified bar green filter or similar) with an 80mm feed (or whatever fits without further modification) and get good results, without problems in the Summer, then i'm all good for it.

gazjones

well i have the cupra feed on mine as the fr one is alot smaller but its a seat feed bit larger than the standard leon one

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
right. Forgot you were Ibiza driver....
Std leon one is tiny IMO..... and i think theres a fair bit of space around it when its back in. I mean, if i can fit a Carbonio past the battery, there has to be more room for a bigger feed.

I just need to work out where to feed from and hold it in place, and voila!
That of course, assumes there is someone interested in my Carbonio. I will miss the noise, but I just need dosh now.

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
you can fit 100mm past the battery without relocating it - if you remove the battery protector! :cartman:

I don't know how much diff smoothing makes, but the increased direct feed will help lower AIT's. A member that logged his got AIT's 10c lower with the bigger feed.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I don't want to remove the battery cover/protector. I want to keep it looking as clean and as standard as possible. So I would assume that 80mm is the biggest unless there is a 90mm version? lol

My FMIC should help keep temps nice and low anyway.. think i'm more worried about airflow than temp?
Or am I looking at it the wrong way?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.