Revo! WOW!!

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
i know revo posts are almost as common as wooshy DV ones but i thought i would have my say and also ask a few questions. Before any1 has a go and says use the search button i have already done that and the results were rather inconclusive.

I have been up 2 mega 4 today to get stage one revo done, what a difference it makes! i was like this :D:D the whole drive home. They had to remove the ecu from the car in order to upload the software coz he was unable to do it through the data port from some reason, does this make any difference if it was done this way? anyone else had this problem.

Another thing what kind of PSi should i now be seeing with stage one and it set at timing 5 boost 6? My boost gauge is peaking at about 14 - 15 psi? to be honest i was expecting to go a bit higher?

if anyone can help with any of the above question i would be mist greatful.

Cheers

hadz

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Mk3's are known to have less than perfect wiring, and tuners can stuggle uploading the new map, so may need to take the ECU out to do it on a bench. Makes no difference to the map.

Mega4 are top guys, and im glad you like it... im sure someone else will be along shortly to tell you about the boost :)

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
I'm sure im on timing 6 boost 6 with stage one and i'm peaking at 1.5BAR (21psi) and holding at 1BAR (14.5psi) in 3rd 4th and 5th.

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
DIFT - your right bout the bloke at MEGA 4 they were really helpful and offered a really good service!

Beaker - Do you think i could have a bit of a boost leak then? I might see if i can up it to 6 - 6 then.

The mods i have got are :-

Forge 007 DV
Green Cotten Filter ( In the front wing )
Revo Stage 1

should i be near 200 bhp or am i just in a dream world?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
DIFT - your right bout the bloke at MEGA 4 they were really helpful and offered a really good service!

Beaker - Do you think i could have a bit of a boost leak then? I might see if i can up it to 6 - 6 then.

The mods i have got are :-

Forge 007 DV
Green Cotten Filter ( In the front wing )
Revo Stage 1

should i be near 200 bhp or am i just in a dream world?

Could be a number of things mate, if your only peaking at 14psi then i'd start poking around the bay for old perished vac hoses etc. Stage one when boosting properly should see you near 200bhp yeah. If you can't find anything suspect about your engine bay then i'm sure you'll need to log actual boost vs requested boost using vagcom.

It may be that the 'up' in boost from the remap has exposed a leak that was otherwise 'ok' on standard boost.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I had the same problem with my stg1 mate when i had it uploaded at WRC, i had to go back on a differant day to meet kev from revo and he managed to up load it. I think the revo lads have abit more powerful software than there sellers but it made no differance to the map. Apprently its quite common on these mk3`s. I have always seen about 20/21psi from my stg1 so id have alook for any leaks mate, and if you have vag-com it wont harm getting it on there just for peice of mind :)

David.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
its a comms problem with the mk3, so its very common for the tuner to remove the ecu and bench map it. Grant of Westec did with mine to, which i thought was odd cos the trial uploaded no problem.

boost is definitely low. as for 200bhp...180-200bhp is realistically achievable (it feels like 200 anyway) although not if its not boosting properly....however possible theres an issue with the gauge?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Maybe the MAF on its way out? Try unplugging it and giving it some up the road?

Or maybe a boost leak, check your pipes:)

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
Thanks for all the help lads. Before i went for revo i replaced the MAF so hopefully it wont be that. I have got vag com but i dont really know what i should be looking for? what logs should i be running in order to find out if i have a problem.

What timing and boost is everyone else running?

c

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
All depends what mods you have, i think the norm for a standard car is around 6/6 On my stg1 with FMIC DP/sports cat etc... i was running HB9 T7, Now running k03s im hoping to crank it up to T9 with HB9 this week.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Depends on what other mods you have really. Best way is to log with vag-com to get the best out of it. I found Boost 5 Timing 5 worked well on a standard car.

Sounds like you could have a boost leak to me.

Try logging blocks 115 & 118 together for boost and wastegate duty/intake temps. Also block 020 is very helpful to see if the timing is being retarded too much. Using these you can maximise the settings.

Use block 002 for MAF readings. A healthy Maf should show around 150g/s.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Hows yours running now with the ko3's Dave? Managed to solve your problems? You should be fine running B9T9, mine runs fine at that. What is your boost peaking at now?

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
im going to have a blast with vag com 2moz bu i havent got a clue what type of figures i should be looking out for?

what MAF figure should i see?
Intake Temp?

what else should i look out for?

be easy with me coz im very new to vag com!

cheers

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Hows yours running now with the ko3's Dave? Managed to solve your problems? You should be fine running B9T9, mine runs fine at that. What is your boost peaking at now?

Yeh problems solved mate was me being a little to hasty, it was just the charge pipe had poped off underload, Im peaking at around 21/22psi this is with the gauge, waiting to get it on vag-com to make sure im making the correct figures before i up anymore settings.

Earth calling m0rk:lol:

David.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Yeh problems solved mate was me being a little to hasty, it was just the charge pipe had poped off underload, Im peaking at around 21/22psi this is with the gauge, waiting to get it on vag-com to make sure im making the correct figures before i up anymore settings.

Earth calling m0rk:lol:

David.

Glad to hear it was something straight forward. Im sure you should be able to up the settings a touch though. Good luck.

im going to have a blast with vag com 2moz bu i havent got a clue what type of figures i should be looking out for?

what MAF figure should i see?
Intake Temp?

what else should i look out for?

be easy with me coz im very new to vag com!

cheers

On block 002 a healthy MAF should read around 150g/s give or take a bit. Intake temps should be as low as possible, but running higher boost with the remap your intake temps will increase hence the need for a front mount intercooler. I rarely see above 35 degrees with my Forge FMIC.

Block 115 will show you the requested and actual boost. Actual should meet the requested and follow closely. If they dont match up then there is possibly a boost leak.

Block 118 will show you how hard the turbo is having to work to achieve the actual boost.

Block 020 will show you timing pull on each cylinder. Ideally you dont want to see CF's above 3 for a period of time.

Do the logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2000rpm to redline if you can.

Post the logs up and im sure i or somebody can help you out.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members