Ripped Off or was I ? - Leon Screen wash

Billy_123

Jan 23, 2008
Thanks for all your comments.

I understood from reading another post it was cheap and as the manufacture recommended it, thought an extra few pence was nothing. In the past I have always used halfords when they have there BOGOF’s. Unless I can get the VAG stuff cheap I will certainly go back to it.

nog

Sep 18, 2007
Shropshire
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a 5 litre bottle from halfrauds for £1.99.

Exactly..... it does the same thing!!!!

Even better.... buy it when it's BOGOF!!!!!!! :D

A. Unless you've got a Halfrauds outlet village near you I very much doubt you can buy 5 litres of Halfrauds screen wash for £1.99 (It's £4.99 as far as I can see).

B. VAG screenwash is concentrated, so you can add upto 4 litres of water (making 5 litres of screen wash for about £2.30).

Having not read any thread like this http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141405&highlight=screen+wash about VAG screen wash I'll stick to the recommended stuff thanks.

tich555

Apr 18, 2008
derbyshire
if you shop around the discount motorist shops you will find 5 litres of concentrated screen wash for around £5, the Halfords stuff is already diluted and ready to use and so works out quite expensive. I bought 5 litres from CostCo in Derby last year in the summer for around £4 plus the vat and I still have around 2 litres left. If you go to a dealer for a service fill up the screenwash before you go and then they can't charge you for Seat screenwash!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
well said. Its like all the people who think there 2.0TFSI needs 98 ron or above fuel as otherwise their engine might blow up :lol:

Funnily the TFSi asks for 98 RON on the filler cap laddy ;)

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
if you shop around the discount motorist shops you will find 5 litres of concentrated screen wash for around £5, the Halfords stuff is already diluted and ready to use and so works out quite expensive. I bought 5 litres from CostCo in Derby last year in the summer for around £4 plus the vat and I still have around 2 litres left. If you go to a dealer for a service fill up the screenwash before you go and then they can't charge you for Seat screenwash!

I've been charged by a dealer (although not a SEAT dealer) before for screen wash even when I'd filled it up the day before.

They claimed to have drained the screenwash and refilled it (yeah right). I now tell dealers not to touch the screenwash just to make sure.

It's no wonder people get [:@] with main dealers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise