RNS 315 Restarts

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Recently my stereo restarts itself just after I start the car. Not all the time. Perhaps one in ten.

The only thing I'm doing differently is that I'm using an SD card to play music.

Has anybody else has this?

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Mine randomly restarts when driving, it’s usually in the same spot I’ve often wondered if there is some sort of jammer nearby that causes it.

ive been all over the UK and to France in the far, and there in one spot near home that every time it’ll restart, yet I can go to Paris and it not restart once.

it’s odd.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Different problem this time playing from SD card. The screen stayed on as if it was still playing however it went silent.

Then the track name disappeared and the MP3 name was displayed instead. The only way to fix this was to reseat the SD card.

Three things it may be. The battery may be low in charge. Same battery in ten years of ownership. My stereo probably needs a firmware upgrade but as I've seen on this forum nobody seems to have this and the dealer can't help. Lastly it could be the card but if it was faulty I'd just expect it to stop working altogether.

Jul 31, 2020
Hi, I've recently got a 2013 passat with this radio, not had any issues over last month until yesterday, restarted almost as soon as I turned engine on. Then went out. Was fine coming home. Fine going to work but just done it on the way home!
Tried restarting engine several times to replicate it, can't seem to.

But I too have music on an SD card. Did removing your SD card fix it or did the problem always persist?
Thank you
Rns 315

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
The one thing I haven't done is try a new card so the current card could be the culprit. However it could also be the adapter. The switch is lose enough to move from read/write to read only.

My radio always comes back on. The card doesn't always come back however so I have to eject and reinsert.

Jul 31, 2020
The one thing I haven't done is try a new card so the current card could be the culprit. However it could also be the adapter. The switch is lose enough to move from read/write to read only.

My radio always comes back on. The card doesn't always come back however so I have to eject and reinsert.
Thank you for your reply, I'll try a full size sd card :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.