Rns 510 Sat Nav ?

C3PRA

Cupra Ateca
Jun 3, 2005
New Forest
I am looking to purchase a Rns 510 and have been looking on ebay ! Occasionally a Seat version comes up but are about £150 - £200 more than the vw version which i think is a rip off!

Has anyone purchased a vw version from any of the Lithuania sellers? Any experiences or recommendations where to buy would be helpful?

On another point has any one fitted any of the garage door/gate sensors that by chance happen to block the laser devices that are regularly being used now! Any experiences? Do they work? Used to have a snooper but no good for the lasers

BigNeil

I have bought one off Ebay from Lithuania, no problems at all. Very well packaged and arrived quickly. Had full code card and was loaded with latest software and maps. VW version fits fine in the Leon, although you do need to cut away a little bit of plastic to allow room for the SD card reader on the bottom of the VW unit. Only difference from SEAT version is SD card slot and VW logo on startup but I can live with that. Probably the best thing I have bought for my Leon, definately recommend.:D

C3PRA

Cupra Ateca
Jun 3, 2005
New Forest
I have bought one off Ebay from Lithuania, no problems at all. Very well packaged and arrived quickly. Had full code card and was loaded with latest software and maps. VW version fits fine in the Leon, although you do need to cut away a little bit of plastic to allow room for the SD card reader on the bottom of the VW unit. Only difference from SEAT version is SD card slot and VW logo on startup but I can live with that. Probably the best thing I have bought for my Leon, definately recommend.:D

You would think that the Seat version should be cheaper as it does not have the SD card slot!
If you can pm who u used off of ebay i would be grateful:)

Ratty12

Please can you help? Bought my FR 09 reg 3 weeks ago, It has a rns 510 unit fitted I was told by garage that they would send all info and Sat Nav disc's for unit in the post as they could not find cars file. I live 180 miles away from this garage, Car was ex demo they now say that they do not have any Sat Nav disc for unit and dont want to know unless I want to buy one from them. Sat nav will not work as asking for disc and also everything is in Germany, I can not change anything with out disc! I bought a vw update disc but that will not work either, Does anyone have an Seat sat nav startup disc or any helpful information for me?

sando88

FL Cupra
May 20, 2009
North West
If your not particularly fussed about having a brand new unit have a look at oem retrofits. They're a company based in bradford that offer used units for approximately £600 fitted. Im thinking of paying them a visit in the next few weeks as they are recommended by some members on this site. Worth a look just type it in google.

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
If your not particularly fussed about having a brand new unit have a look at oem retrofits. They're a company based in bradford that offer used units for approximately £600 fitted. Im thinking of paying them a visit in the next few weeks as they are recommended by some members on this site. Worth a look just type it in google.

hmmmm...

Group buy? :D

cila555

CiLA
Apr 2, 2010
Kosice - Slovakia
www.cila.sk
Hello guys,
today I changed my RNS315 for RNS510. There are some problems:
1./ RNS 510 doesnt have BT and HF (RNS315 have BT and HF) I must buy module for BT
2./ RNS 510 dont work functions on MFD (NAV, RADIO, SONGS, WORLD SIDES etc.
all these functions on RNS315 were allright.
3./ Functions on the steering are only volume, shift track front or back is not functional.

If somebody know where is problem, write its. My RNS code is 1TO 035 680 C HW:H41 SW2720 from 31.7.2010. Car Cupra R MY 2011. MAny thanks for each advices ...

RNS510_1_f.jpg

RNS510_2_f.jpg

RNS510_3_f.jpg

danic85

For cila555

I'd like to buy a vw RNS 510 so I ask you some questions...

Did you solve these problems you wrote? and if yes how?

3./ Functions on the steering are only volume, shift track front or back is not functional.[/I]

moreover:
- are original USB and AUX ports still working with rns 510?
- I have 2010 leon with bluetooth standard module installed (I don't have rns315 but but standard original seat facelift radio), do you think bluetooth will still working with rns 510?

Thanks a lot in advance for answers!

:clap:

Dangerous Dave

Dec 11, 2006
Hello guys,
today I changed my RNS315 for RNS510. There are some problems:
1./ RNS 510 doesnt have BT and HF (RNS315 have BT and HF) I must buy module for BT
3./ Functions on the steering are only volume, shift track front or back is not functional.

1 Yes you will need a separate blutooth module easy enough to install.

2 & 3 will be be because the RNS510 will need coded with VAGCOM/VCDS to talk to the instrument cluster with the BAP protocol .

For cila555
moreover:
- are original USB and AUX ports still working with rns 510?
- I have 2010 leon with bluetooth standard module installed (I don't have rns315 but but standard original seat facelift radio), do you think bluetooth will still working with rns 510?

If you have the MDI interface this will work with the RNS510
The factory bluetooth module should work fine with the RNS510 depending on model, regardless of model it will continue to work via the instrument cluster.

cila555

CiLA
Apr 2, 2010
Kosice - Slovakia
www.cila.sk
I try to explai it with my bad English :)

Now all is function very well include MFD, BT and HF.

RNS510_4_f.jpg

First you must code with VAGCOM. RNS510 for Seat Leon 1P code is: 0C0004000400008100
BT is not in RNS510. You must buy its. I bought NOKIA

BT_f.jpg

danic85

Thanks a lot for answers guys!

please let me know if I understood ;)

- I install RNS510 into my car connecting cables and gps antenna,
then I go to a VW dealer to make a configuration via VAGCOM for Seat leon and everything should work...
right?

With "all function very well" you also mean that USB port is still working, you tried? :whistle:

Thanks again,
hope these informations will be useful for everybody who wants to update standard radio with RNS/RCD 510 here on the forum...

Greetings from Italy! :funk:

Aziraphale

I try to explai it with my bad English :)

Now all is function very well include MFD, BT and HF.

RNS510_4_f.jpg

First you must code with VAGCOM. RNS510 for Seat Leon 1P code is: 0C0004000400008100
BT is not in RNS510. You must buy its. I bought NOKIA

BT_f.jpg

hello cila

can you re-check the coding? vag says it is too short.
can you also post your coding from controller 19 and 77 ?
thanks

i am having problem with bluetooth not showing phonebook on a red MFD,
see full info here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139417&page=5

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise