RNS-E route setup

Karmann_65

Sep 7, 2016
It would seem that I'm doing something wrong when programming a route on my RNS-E Sat Nav. I bought the 7 digit postcode disc thinking this might resolve my woes but all to no avail. I can program in the postcode ok and the unit says "calculating route" giving a couple of route options. I turn the dial to select my preferred route (there's not much detail shown though) and set off.

As a trial I programmed the destination as my home address. A route which I've been commuting now for close on 30 years so it's not like I don't know the shortest route (or need the Sat Nav for that matter :D)

At several points the directions go off on a long route round the houses when there's blatantly a straighter and faster route to be taken. :handbags: I've tried all the settings combinations I can see but still the system tries sending me off at a tangent.

This is my first ever car with a "built in" Sat Nav and frankly so far the free app on my phone is proving far more reliable and easier to set up.

Is there an easy way to set this up? If I can't get it to take me a route I know than how can I trust it to take me on an unknown route? It once directed me south on the M6 when I wanted to go north. :cry:

TIA

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.