Road noise!!!

91rocco

Is it just my car or does every ibiza sound like a dustbin on casters,The road noise is terrible,could it be down to the tyres???I have a 1.4 sport 55 reg,2 weeks old with bridgestone tyres,Does anyone else have this annoyance???:confused:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
the tyres undoubtedly make a difference, i went from michelins to eagle f1's and it was such a difference, though when they begin to wear they will start to get louder as there is more tyre block contact.

i agree, tyres do make a big difference, and so does road surface.
Can't remember what's fitted to the Beeza (04 originals) but haven't noticed real bad tyre noise (only an SX). Certainly not compared to the 406 that has shed loads of sound deadening.

maddest_cow_eva

I have the same car and the same noise. I just turn my radio up that little bit more!! :whistle:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
LOL

Yeah they're going to be fairly noisy with the size of tyres fitted, never really noticed much difference on mine between tyre brands, but only ever had the OE Bridgestones and Conti Sport Contacts so haven't tried many.

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
Ok, halfway through. Take all the daylight.

The rear interior panels (would be a door card on a 5dr, no idea what a 3dr is called?) ARE A F******** BITCH to get off. And I broke some grommet things and a bit of the panel - grrr. But am VERY hopeful of what I have done to the rear wheel arch areas. Used a bulk pack of Stinger roadkill which seems ok, not that great. But the acoustic foam seems really good. Will have to see what it sounds like on the road tomorrow.

Still to do: remove front seats, rip up carpet, stick foam thing under carpet and put the seat back.

Also planning to buy some decent mats that might absorb some more sound.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Have to agree with Muddy on this- pix would be great. Might do the mod myself if its a good improvement. Is it one of those kit forms that are adhesive backed?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I remember having a nosey at the rear panels myself to see what was behind them, thought they looked like a ideal place to attack but never got round to it....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.