Roll Cage-Seat Ibiza mk3-custom cages ones

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Does anyone have a number from the Custom Cages as fitted to the SEAT UK Mk3 Cupra's from a while back?

A few of us bought them used when those cars were decommissioned, and I am after confirming they were made by Custom Cages, and if so Custom Cage say there will be a stamped number on the footplate of one of the legs. I am after a number and location so I can go to Custom Cage and they can confirm in writing the spec of the cage (to help any questions re its suitability for techincal regs at Combe)

many thanks
bill

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think F2-Stu has one in his loft (which would be easier than you looking in the car :))

I guess they're wanting FIA/MSA approval etc

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
They were definatley made by Custom Cages, they commented when they took the old mounts out of mine. Only got a half one left, got rid of my spare 6 point... that's not got any markings on it that I can see though. Sorry mate, not much help!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I am pre-empting possibole scrutineer questions thats all. Its not been asked yet, but I am wanting all my ducks in a row prior to being checked, pre-race

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
The only number I can find stamped on the footplate of a couple of the legs is 7.

Just the one number ?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
That'll be for car number 7

used to also be painted on the tubes to make it easier for when CC assembled the kits.

I don't think it has MSA approval, but most likely complies with teh MSA rules (hammer blow on a joint & all that)

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Holy Sheet! Kev thats a monster piece of kit you have there, some serious work gone into that car!

And it looks awesome!

Cheers for the pics!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members