roll cages

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
right ive looked at a few threads on roll cages im after a full cage and have been offered an omp one but the thing is i dont mind the hastle of fittin it and rippin all the interior out its just i dont want to cut my dash up to fit it,

so my question is does this cage enable me to fit it without cuttin my dash or does it run around the dash? also after some info on other cages that may clear the dashboard and if any1 has any pics of ibiza's with cages in they could put up id be hugely gratefull.

cheers gaz

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Agree with ibiza125 got to have the dash out, plus if you bend the cage around the dash surely your creating a weak point in the cage for potential flex/ failure?? Bill got his done at custom cages form what i remember and i'm sure he posted some pics of it might give you an idea of how they do there's.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You don't have to take the dash out unless it have triangulation through your fire wall to the front strutts.
Depends on the cage

revo20vtdan

Jan 21, 2007
sunny old stockton
i made my own also rear strutbrace was quite simple :D
05032009395.jpg

ian_cupra

i have one of the rockingham ones to go in mine, its been sat in the garage for over a year!! :lol: it will be going in soon though :)

ian_cupra

believe it was custom cages robbie. not 100% on that, havent actually seen mine in almost a year!! :lol:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Custom Cages made the ibiza ones for the launch cars and subsequent rockingham cars yes

also required the use of a smaller steering wheel... as std one would crush your fingers on the cage when turning

ian_cupra

Custom Cages made the ibiza ones for the launch cars and subsequent rockingham cars yes

also required the use of a smaller steering wheel... as std one would crush your fingers on the cage when turning

yeah i'd noticed the lack of hand room

May 25, 2008
cambs
my omp fia approved one in my track mk2 golf 16v bends down in front of the dash with diagonal braces in the doors, hope this doesn't fatigue i might rely on it one day !

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
has anyone got any pics of these fitted goin around the dash? will be getting a new steering wheel anyway at some point so ill sort that out when i need to

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise