Roller Cover Instead of Shelf?

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Does anybody know if instead of the shelf that lifts up when opening the tailgate, a roller cover is available as an alternative option?

Or if SEAT don't, anything aftermarket?

Thanks.

Tell

Staff member
As far as the Ateca is concerned if you have the underfloor it's suppose to be stored there when not in use, but all Ateca's don't have that. The closest car is the sister Karoq where parts are shared. Saying that you might not have the clip area or whatever it is under the tailgate. Obviously the moveable rears seats might have a different fitting at that end, so you might be stuck either side.

https://www.skoda-auto.com/models/layers/layers/karoq-boot

It swings up. Skoda forum says that, that arrangement is on the models with the moveable rear seats. I see Skoda parts also offer a net as well, suppose that's where people want the best of both worlds. Net as an option where you have the roller cover.

Feels like a trip to a Skoda dealer when they reopen / let you took at the model with one in to see what you might be missing in the way of fittings. Ateca's and Karoqs are built in the same factory as you probably know. They embellished them a bit more for accessories but Ateca has the sporty ride :).

You never know you might find a Karoq posting somewhere, where they have what you have and are looking for a post fix. I bet the shelves are identical in the standard form. Something you could check as a starting point.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Tell

Staff member
Actually looking at an Arona I reckon the roller blinds hook into the holes they provide in the rubber bungs. Ateca has the bungs, but no holes in the bungs unlike the Arona (tailgate we are looking at). Wondering whether the Karoq blinds clip into holes in the bumper bungs. Perhaps it is all interchangeable if the bungs are swapped out. Over to you for more research of Karoqs. You'd be able to order the parts from Skoda if it's a swap out. Parts are cheaper from a Skoda dealer, no postage.

Found a German forum on Skoda which said you couldn't do it (forums aren't always right) and this one... look at the pictures and that's where I reckon the fixture goes through the hole in the bung if you had one... may be it's a bung change... but don't blame me.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Versenkbar-...4b59bfb2eb:g:pcoAAOSw~atcKNoc&redirect=mobile

Skoda part number is 57A867871 for the blind... bungs you'd have to source as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=skoda+57A867871&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-m

What you'd need to do is get a friendly Skoda dealer with the Karoq in fitted to try it out on your Ateca to see whether it fitted into place. They could probably order the bungs in or use your charm to get them to fit it if you you just need the bungs for the pins to go throw, assuming the opposite end fitted.

Looking at this video below the action can be seen on a Karoq. Best to checkout a Skoda dealer after lockdown lifted. I see there are second-hand ones on ebay, that may be from Seat people who stumbled on the fitting but couldn't ?. Uses those pins threw the bungs where least my Ateca has bungs but not holes in them. All of that needs checking.

Would be nice to know whether its a standard swap or not with the bungs changed. Clearly if the Karoq parcel shelf panel doesn't fit the Ateca the roller blind won't. Whether the Karoq with variable rear seats has a different fitting - that needs checking. Depends how much VAG moved away with the tailgate bung holes and the blind / shelf fitting :).

At 24:30.

A German post talking about converting a standard Karoq into one with the roller blinds. Ends on the hooks needing to go in. Think you got to eyeball a Karoq with it and borrow the blinds in a Skoda dealer to test out the fit and establish what needs to be done to get the hooks in place. Suspects it's the bungs with holes in them like the Arona.

https://www.skodacommunity.de/threads/kofferraum-rollo.128012/

Tell us whether it's a Yes or No on the fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loadmaster748