running costs on a Cupra

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I'm looking for some comments from owners of the Leon Cupra and how they are to run as a daily driver and what MPG you regularly get.
At the moment I have an Octy VRS, but its getting on a bit and its time to chop it in. The only subject I could find related to the Ibiza Cupra.

Hopefully going to look at one on Saturday (there don't seem to be many for sale)

My trip to work is about 20 mile each way and mainly motorway

Thanks

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
I've had mine for 4 years and use it as a daily driver, do around 22 miles each way and with traffic get around 24mpg, but if I have a good run with no traffic I can hit 30mpg driving nicely

what age cupra you looking at?

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I've had mine for 4 years and use it as a daily driver, do around 22 miles each way and with traffic get around 24mpg, but if I have a good run with no traffic I can hit 30mpg driving nicely

what age cupra you looking at?

Around an07, depends on what I can get for my money.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I get 26mpg on average which includes my commute of 10 miles each way to work and going out to the gym/shops etc

I'd get 29mpg if I was just commuting and probs 30-34 on a long run if I stayed at 65mph

Hope that helps fella

vincent5525

Mechanic
Jul 2, 2011
uk, sheffield
Im going to tell you straight what your getting yourself in for. Buying my LCR was probably the worst financial decision Ive ever made.

1. firstly youve got tax £260 pa
2. service £200 pa
3. front tyres last about 10k, so £500 pa
4. insurance for me £700 pa
5. then I drive quite carefully with a little bit of fun and get early 30's MPG ,drive aggressive and you can cut that by 10 MPG

OK? Have I put you off? I hope not because this car is the best car I have ever owned, I absolutely love it. I just want you to know these cars are not cheap, but if you can justify the costs you will love it too.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Im going to tell you straight what your getting yourself in for. Buying my LCR was probably the worst financial decision Ive ever made.

2. service £200 pa
5. then I drive quite carefully with a little bit of fun and get early 30's MPG ,drive aggressive and you can cut that by 10 MPG

OK? Have I put you off? I hope not because this car is the best car I have ever owned, I absolutely love it. I just want you to know these cars are not cheap, but if you can justify the costs you will love it too.

+1! :rofl: Well put mate!

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I've run my Octavia Vrs for 50 thousand miles and loved it. Tax is about the same and I average around 29 MPG from a tank of fuel.
I'm off to look at my first one on Sat.

Adam I'll keep you in mind mate, I would rather trade mine in though as I hate selling cars (people pick holes in your pride and joy for a few quid off :) )

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net

2. service £200 pa

Roughly the same...However the service is cheaper for me (DIY) :funk: But yes a gooooood car!

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
I have come from a Ibiza Cupra Boca to an LCR, I the same was looking at running costs and having had a MK2 Cupra in the past already knew what was going to happen. However I agree that this is the best car i have ever had. I love the LCR to bits and I have only had it a week. Love at first sight and i think i will have this for a LONG time

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
I've run my Octavia Vrs for 50 thousand miles and loved it. Tax is about the same and I average around 29 MPG from a tank of fuel.
I'm off to look at my first one on Sat.

Adam I'll keep you in mind mate, I would rather trade mine in though as I hate selling cars (people pick holes in your pride and joy for a few quid off :) )

Yeah get what you mean, got all that to look forward too!! Worse case I'll trade it in as I know the second hand markets not great for selling

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Well I've bought one, just sorting out finances and arrange collection!
if it goes horribly wrong I'll point the wife in this direction :D

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Its a 57 plate Cupra in black (with a tint of purple) , its done 30k and is in very reasonable condition. Hope to pick it up in the week.

JonnyF

Jan 4, 2012
I put a deposit on one today as well, its also black with and done 31k lol!

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I put a deposit on one today as well, its also black with and done 31k lol!

Hope they haven't sold the same one twice :D

Checked out insurance today.....dam its expensive! I'm 34 with full no claims discount, clean licence,only had 1 minor claim 2 years ago and More than quoted me £694!!

vincent5525

Mechanic
Jul 2, 2011
uk, sheffield

Checked out insurance today.....dam its expensive! I'm 34 with full no claims discount, clean licence,only had 1 minor claim 2 years ago and More than quoted me £694!!

Thats about right I think. Im 31, 10 years no claims, with tracker and mine is about the same.

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010

I use Green light, and for me at 25 with 7 YNCB and a clean licence was £627! Give them a call see if they can do you a better quote.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members