RVC reversing camera installed

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
Why don't you get the oem camera for the same money? This kit is all you need.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...68#1000022185#1000066056#0_668#3422#15392#547

I saw a lot of variants:
1. this one mentioned by you which according me is connected to 6 a 12pin (video signal) and another wires are data CAN, which can be identified by system without Fault codes in obd diagnostics
2. only CCD camera connected to 6 a 12pin - probably errors in obd? for eg.
3. additional INTERFACE UNIT A)
https://www.car-interface.com/vendi...hstandard-reverse-camera-input-interface.html
it looks like it adds CAN wires and CAN identification of camera (generic values?)
4. additional INTERFACE UNIT B)
it is using LVDS cable so it servers like convertor for LCD screen directly or what?

Can anybody explain this problematic? dont know which works fine, or if it is sufficient to only feed camera to 6 a 12pin and it will work on my Leon 2015 MHI2 Navi Plus, HDD, GPS, front and rear parking sensors. Thanks

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
I am using Octavia parameters. Do a search because I think I have mentioned somewhere the exact Octavia model I am using. Right now I can't recall by heart.
yes I saw some post where photos with calibration pads were on the floor (black dots on white pad or whatever) .. so Ok but calibration is necessary in order to have flexible Lines which will bend according steering wheel angle OR autonomous parking - this I dont need, I want such raw video, and I need to know if it will work only when I put video signal into blue connector (pin 6 and 12, + power supply to camera) if it will work, or doesnt work at all, or partially work with errors in OBD ...or

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
SEAT have a genuine retrofit reversing camera kit, part number 000054731E. These are just plug and play, so no wire splicing, etc. These are on eBay for £165.00/£175.00, so not bad for genuine camera, etc. When Googling the part number, some sites say it's for 2017 > Leon's, even though it works with most MIB units.

Ignore the price, but this is a good link to see what's compatible, PDF fitting instructions, etc. https://www.seatmotorparts.co.uk/seat-shop/genuine-seat-reversing-camera-upgrade-kit-various-models/

Do the lines on the camera only move if you've had the camera calibrated?

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
yes I am confused from this 2017 model year, and also ST (estate) is not listed in descriptions...000054731E looks like oem LOW line rear camera (because HIGH line was never offered for LEON), so quite expensive kit if this (LOW RVC) can be done with 30euros, I think..but thanks for hint..
today I ordered https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000876464428.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.6fde18028DrvX5 which was mentioned in some posts ...it is high line camera with unknown parameters flashed by manufacturer... I not rely on bending tracklines and recognize of objects, so I will not parametrize it to Octavia file (dont have VCP, ODIS). Probably I have calibration error, can be this somehow solved - CLEARED (without real calibration) ?

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
yes I am confused from this 2017 model year, and also ST (estate) is not listed in descriptions...000054731E looks like oem LOW line rear camera (because HIGH line was never offered for LEON), so quite expensive kit if this (LOW RVC) can be done with 30euros, I think..but thanks for hint..
today I ordered https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000876464428.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.6fde18028DrvX5 which was mentioned in some posts ...it is high line camera with unknown parameters flashed by manufacturer... I not rely on bending tracklines and recognize of objects, so I will not parametrize it to Octavia file (dont have VCP, ODIS). Probably I have calibration error, can be this somehow solved - CLEARED (without real calibration) ?
Unfortunately not. You could ask the seller if they can at least upload the Octavia parameters for you. If the camera comes with no parameters at all then it will point very low and you will lose a lot of what it can show. I could show you a picture of the camera with and without parameters...it's day and night.

Calibration is the least of your problems as it will never be 100% right since this camera was never offered for the Leon.

For example this is a camera with no parameters. Look how low it points. 1/3 of your screen displays your license plate.

cam1-jpg.8417

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
ok so I think you forgot to attach picture when it is parametrized, in order to compare to non-parametrized camera... isnt it ?

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
but I dont understand what parameters do in fact... because if parameters have impact on angle/size of view from camera, than picture from camera has to be upscaled .. for example nonparametrized picture has full size from camera 640 × 480 px, and if parameters are taken into account, than it crop license plate and upscale picture and in fact you will get 600 x 440 for example upscaled (zoomed) picture??

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
i dont understand how parameters can move picture such drastic way.. it change picture like if camera was physically adjusted into another angle... how they emulate physical movement via parametrisation?

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
i dont understand how parameters can move picture such drastic way.. it change picture like if camera was physically adjusted into another angle... how they emulate physical movement via parametrisation?
Well I don't know either but it is what it is. I'm guessing the actual lens has the ability for a wide angle picture and via the parameters it is restrictred to each car's needs. If I'm not mistaken you can find the exact same camera from an Octavia to a Bentley.

Sep 3, 2019
Hello, sorry for reopening this thread, but my question is somewhat related.

I bought a RVC camera of aliexpress, 5q0980556b, but it came with no coding. I have several faults on it:
B201300 - No band end programming occurs
U101300 - Control module not coded
B201000 - No basic setting

When running a test on it, I can get the image to show on the MIB when in reverse, but I would need to keep obd11 connected all the time.

Did anyone else encounter this? Is there a fix with obd11 or do I need Odis?

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
I ordered highline RVC with parametrization for Skoda and I do only wiring and no coding in camera, coding try this:
Adressword : 6C (Camera System Rear View} - J772 RVC Compact
VAG no. : SW: 5Q0980556B HW: 5Q0980556B
SW version : 0231

# Coding : 047300010600041F000040

and parameters are available in VCP's File Manager , so you need this Cable and annual subscription (or ODIS if you have .xml file, or online account + ODIS)

Sep 3, 2019
Has anyone managed to calibrate the leon rvc camera to show the lines pointing in the actual direction the car moves?
I used the octavia parametrization but the lines don’t show the proper direction, since the axle distances differ between the 2 cars.
Tried doing a calibration with the domino pattern and measured distances between the axles and the board, and from camera to axles, but the camera refuses to calibrate.
I just want to confirm it is possible to have the camera calibrated and lines showing car movement so I don’t invest any more time if it cannot be done

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I don't think that this can be done as long as the camera is loaded with another car's parameters. The main problem is the high of the camera. On the Leon the camera is lower than any other mqb model fitted with the rvc high.

Reactions: mykro

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Planning to get one that connects to Canbus from Aliexpress, with dynamic lines.
Had it on my last car and bought one from Ali with no issues saving a load of money.

Had it in the number plate slot.

However thinking to try the centre drill method for a cleaner look.

For someone with 0 experience drilling, anyone have any tips or advice?
Concerned about rusting in the future.

Nov 15, 2023
So the camera is up and running. Dynamic lines and everything!

The coding I mentioned above is correct then. To sum up:

19 - Gateway --> Installation List --> Activate "6C-Backing up camera" --> Save
5F - Electronic System --> Adaptations -->

CAR FUNCION LIST BAP GEN2-VPS-----ACTIVE
CAR FUNCION LIST GEN2 - VPS msg bus -------TERMINAL 15

10 - Steer/Park Assist --> Byte 4-5 --> 10 Rearview Camera

What's most important though is the coding of the camera that should be done by the seller (in my case carsystems.eu). Because the highline camera was never an option for the Leon, the camera has to be coded for another MQB model which in my case is a Golf. The thing is that the coding was done for the emblem camera of the Golf and did not work properly at first. I had to send a full scan to the seller so that he could identify the mistake and suggest to uncode the swining logo (byte 4 bit 6 in 6C module).

Of course the system needs calibration in order to be 100% correct but I won't bother as this is a task for a dealership and since it's not even a factory option I don't think they will help.
Hi there, i did this coding and now i dont have neither camera or park pilot, only the beeps when reversing, can anyone help?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.