s3 strut brace clearance

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
hi any 1 got any pictures of a lcr fitted with a s3 strut brace fitted, am looking at fitting a strut brace but have a oil catch tank in place of the relay box just worried the catch can will fowl on the brace if people could put up pics with and without cc that would be great
Thanks

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Edition38115Custom.jpg

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I know for a fact that strut brace wont fit on my car as I now have the jabbasport heat shield. Need something that comes straight and then down to fit over the shield!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Could do but don't really fancy doing that unless I know its the only way. Iv seen a couple of straight strut braces which then just come down at the ends, just need to find out which one these are!

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
I know for a fact that strut brace wont fit on my car as I now have the jabbasport heat shield. Need something that comes straight and then down to fit over the shield!

Just cut a small u shape about 2inch out of heat shield. Fits no problem and looks very tidy with S3 brace.:)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
EL; said:
Could do but don't really fancy doing that unless I know its the only way. Iv seen a couple of straight strut braces which then just come down at the ends, just need to find out which one these are!

Cutting the heatshield is the only way. If a strut brace went over the top of the shield the bonnet wouldn't shut!!

Have a look in my readers ride thread for pics of the jabba heatshield and the S3 brace fitted.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Thanks for the replies guys, most likely going to do that!

Harty sorry to slightly hijack the thread, I have found this strut brace used by Robdon which might fit your needs. It is a bit of an expensive brace. Made by Wiechers Sports in Germany http://www.wiechers-sport.de/. There are a few UK suppliers.

pcoat4.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.