Sachs Organic Clutch

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Had my organic clutch fitted this weekend and just wanted to ask if the following are normal?
1.Clutch bites about half way up.
2.Seems quite abrupt on letting the clutch in
Any help appreciated
Glynn

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
I had the uprated pressure plate and Sachs Organic clutch, the biting point is a bit different but from what I remember very easily controlled for slip etc.

I must admit I cannot remember whether it was halfway up or whatever, but it is probably normal to be fair.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Checked with CBP and it seems to be normal practice.Also told that it will change when bedded in and that can take 750 miles.
Glynn

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Yeh mine is about half way up, I remember thinking it was going to be really low down when I got into my car after it been fitted at JBS.

I reversed out of the car park revving it like a granny thinking when is it going to bite.....It felt slight 'abrupt' for the 1st 500miles. On the way back from JBS I came home the back way...avoiding motorways so I could change gear lots of times to promote the bedding in.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Had my organic clutch fitted this weekend and just wanted to ask if the following are normal?
1.Clutch bites about half way up.
2.Seems quite abrupt on letting the clutch in
Any help appreciated
Glynn

Which SACHS is this? The paddle one?

What is it rated at?

U've already said Organic....

Also, did you not choose to do flywheel?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Its not a paddle and its rated at 550nm Chris.Its the race one on Sachs website
I did not have the dmf replaced as I had a new one fitted with a std clutch 30k ago.
Changed to an uprated clutch due to slip.
Dmf looked like new when the old clutch was removed, with no more play in it than when it was fitted new
Glynn

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Glynn,

I have got the same clutch fitted last month by Jabbasport on my Golf 150pd and mine is exactly the same as yours, the biting point is higher and it is abrupt compared to normal. Jabbasport told me this is normal.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Its not a paddle and its rated at 550nm Chris.Its the race one on Sachs website
I did not have the dmf replaced as I had a new one fitted with a std clutch 30k ago.
Changed to an uprated clutch due to slip.
Dmf looked like new when the old clutch was removed, with no more play in it than when it was fitted new
Glynn

Aah.

This must be the one up from mine.

550nm = 405lb/ft :drool:

Mines only rated at 305lb/ft or 410nm. :cry:

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
it will be abrupt with bit of judder at biting point for first 500 miles at least.
will feel much heavier than standard too.

biting point for me was lower down instead of half way up like it was with normal clutch, but its come up a bit more with more miles.

i like it now tho. :)

strugers1

got mine done at jabba and first time i rove it i stalled lmao its cool i think there all like this

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
first time i drove it i stalled lmao its cool i think there all like this

I still stall mine now if I'm rushed into something. Classic example is meeting someone head-on in the Devon lanes down here. Brake to stop and usually stall it after putting it in reverse to get into a passing place.... It's amazing how it stalls too - It's not like it strains, then just coughs and dies - It just goes CLUNK, off! :cartman:

A great clutch though. Acceleration through the gears is awesome as shifting can be done really fast due to the lightweight singlemass flywheel. [B)]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.