Sachs Organic Clutch

strugers1

in pvw there a 235 bhp golf with 400lb ft torque from allards lol thats crazy

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
You can have high torque and not end up with extremely high power, seen a few graphs like that, just dont keep the torque that high at the top end, then because of the multiplier the power wont peak that high.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
You can have high torque and not end up with extremely high power, seen a few graphs like that, just dont keep the torque that high at the top end, then because of the multiplier the power wont peak that high.

Yes you can but the power graph is always crap as the mapper has aimed for peak power figures not a good driveable car. To get a high torque number low down just max out the injectors really early ( which will give a really smokey car ) then when the turbo does start to come on boost there will be a suddern gain in power as all the excess diesel gets burned which produces the torque spike then when the excess diesel is burned the torque will noise dive south. It`s a very crude but effective way to produce high torque figures on a map to try and make people think their map is better/more powerful then other companies maps. Also a good way to brake car transmission parts and wear out your clutch.
Below is a good example of a bad map from Evolve Automotive Team

2633712306_9d71067580.jpg

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Its 351 lbft not 460!
Do have a problem though its smoking really bad up to about 3000rpm.
Maxed out injectors? Devon is probably right. Thing is I gave £475 to Jabba, should I take it back because I cant go quick off the lights etc in traffic as there is just too much smoke.
Somebody help!
Glynn

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Phone Jabba and say your not happy and want the car remapped again and go from there. The sooner you tell them the sooner they might sort it out for free, which they should. 207 bhp isn`t very high from a stage 2 Turbo Dynamics turbo either if that is what you have fitted.

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
I had 201 bhp from SuperChips on that kinda hardware, zero smoke on that, and very, VERY conservative map (as I just had engine trouble and we didnt want to push it too hard initially).

The torque curve is pretty smooth too.

http://www.mirror-web.co.uk/briskoda/scan0001.jpg

This by no stretch of imagination was maxing things out. Very driveable though, I've seen better torque & power already here :)

I would also agree with Devon on calling Jabba, they had very very peaky maps in the early days, but got more smooth over time on their more recent work I believe, and they do try their best to get their customers what they ask from what I've been told

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Turbo technics fitted not turbo dynamics.
jabba had 220 out of it at one point but as I use it every day and 700 miles weekly I decided to keep things moderate and not silly. Also bear in mind my car is at 139k now and I dont want to be forking out more money for a while anyway.
Could the injectors be worn at 139k? I dont know of anybody saying they have had problems with pd injectors but then again dont really know anybody with a pd thats done the miles mine has.
Something else I have noticed after not driving her for 2 weeks, there is a bit of hesitation before it comes on boost particularly low down, could it be a dying maf or map sensor thats causing the smoke and the hesitation. Dont want to take it back to jabba if something is not right anyway?
Glynn

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I had 201 bhp from SuperChips on that kinda hardware, zero smoke on that, and very, VERY conservative map (as I just had engine trouble and we didnt want to push it too hard initially).

The torque curve is pretty smooth too.

http://www.mirror-web.co.uk/briskoda/scan0001.jpg

This by no stretch of imagination was maxing things out. Very driveable though, I've seen better torque & power already here :)

I would also agree with Devon on calling Jabba, they had very very peaky maps in the early days, but got more smooth over time on their more recent work I believe, and they do try their best to get their customers what they ask from what I've been told

Just looked at the superchips map and peak power is 4500rpm?
Thats very high isnt it?
Glynn

NotApplicable

Anybody know how accurate the rolling road tests are?

I had one done today at Owen Developments and the peak figures you can see in my sig are for a Performance Torque remap with a K&N filter on a standard car are 220bhp and 304 lbft

They seem high to me (but the car drives like they might be real) and being a cynical s.o.b, I started to wonder.

NotApplicable

Oh yes, I forgot.... I added a Sachs organic clutch because the original would slip badly in 4th, 5th and 6th

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Anybody know how accurate the rolling road tests are?

I had one done today at Owen Developments and the peak figures you can see in my sig are for a Performance Torque remap with a K&N filter on a standard car are 220bhp and 304 lbft

They seem high to me (but the car drives like they might be real) and being a cynical s.o.b, I started to wonder.

I'd say the torque figure is very reasonable however, the BHP reading is more than optimistic.
If it is running that expect your turbo to go bang within a very short period. Personally i just think it will be a mis-read on the rollers. But yeh deffinately something not right as a lot of the hybrids are only making that sort of power on a modified version of your turbo.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members