SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
evening all, just a small update.
still waiting on the custom catch can to arrive, but ordered some stainless steel braided hose for it so should look very bling but more importantly quality :D

also i got my strut brace back from the powdercoaters today. im over the moon with it, high gloss white so need some shades, make the other white bits in my bay look like cream :lol:
i should be fitting it tomorrow some time.
heres how it turned out

i also got myself the resistor ordered and fitted so i have completely removed the n249 valve. i fitted the resistor as if its a plug so the connection can be reversed very easy.
the resistor is now out of sight under the coil pack cover but heres a pic before i moved it.

last of my updates, a old friend of mine who i havnt seen for years got in contact last week. hes a photographer and will be doing a professional photo shoot on my car tomorrow night woop woop :) i cant wait and i have seen his work and its top quality. so tomorrow will consist of fitting the strut brace and plenty of cleaning :)
hope the weather holds up :lol:

Last edited:

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
Absolutely gleaming mate! Do you know of any good stockists for aftermarket parts around Wilts/ Bristol area? From Swindonia myself

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
update.
this saturday was a little bit mad, had so much to do. i started off by fitting my new strut brace. this went well once i had a big enough drill bit :lol: after this was fitted i had to clean my car, well more like a detailing session ready for my photo shoot.
so i spent most of the day cleaning,polishing and waxing, car turned out great. by the time i finished i was so tired, but so excited at the same time. the shoot was taking place at 10pm.
i dont have any finished pic yet but i do have pic that i have taken while the guy set his camera up on my car. the shoot its self went so smooth and i enjoyed every second of if. cant wait to the the finished results.

any pic of the strut brace fitted and cleaned engine bay

im pleased with the strut and i think it looks different in white but ties in nicely with the bay :)

now for the few pics i took from the photoshoot

cant wait to get the final photos, we also did some light burning pics out in the dark, i have seen a preview and they look truely awsome. BIG THANKS TO JAMES WHITLOCK
thanks for looking

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Cant wait to see the photos.

The brace looks great in the bay. Any more news on the custom catch can?

thanks m8, yeah the can should be here next week. i spoke to the guy on thursday and its half finished. i made a few changes to the design of the can in order to clear the strut brace with more room :)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Sam the car is looking great, its a real credit to you.Some suggestions though, run the line for the FPR under the fuel rail and paint or polish the rocker cover and it will really help things out.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Looking great as ever, when are you getting your custom can?
Thanks m8, hoping to get the can next week :)

Sam the car is looking great, its a real credit to you.Some suggestions though, run the line for the FPR under the fuel rail and paint or polish the rocker cover and it will really help things out.
Thanks robbie. My plans are to get the rocker cover powdercoated white some time. I like the red hose that runs along the fuel rail :D still there are tons of things i could do but need to draw the line some where :lol:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
If you get the rocker powder coated be sure who ever does it doesn't fcuk it up, i got one sandblasted and coated, when i got it back there was fine sand blasted into all the small orifices on the under side of the rocker, there was no frickin way i would put it on the car.

Lewis234

May 24, 2011
Absolutely stunning car, i really need to do something with my engine bay looks a mess :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.