Sam's Candy White Ibiza 2007 Cupra

So I fitted some Xenons/HID's in my fogs.

Obviously showing the standard and xenon side by side, then end result.

Brightness is better, gives a good wide vision down dark back lanes, not sure what they are like in fog, I also have some 4300k bulbs that just arrived, which will probably perform even better and even more so in the fog.

I also have an SAI blanking plate waiting to go on, just waiting for my vacuum piping and connectors to arrive, should hopefully bring some life out of the boring turbo!

ejNS4g0.jpg

JdypzC7.jpg

UHktrNf.jpg

1SDm9AG.jpg

hjeVTMq.jpg

More to come ;)

Managed to do the N249, N112 and SAI removal. What a total pain.
The EGR valve thing, couldn't get to the bolt that's upside down holding it on, managed to get it off eventually with a lot of pissing about. Then the blanking plate was too small, so I had to modify it! My DV actually works properly now and doesn't flutter so much....car drives better but not massively noticeable...just better boost control.

Coilovers have been on for just over a week now, the handling is so much better over the stock suspension, which is pants!
I'm currently having Brembo Rear Brakes fitted (discs and pads).
Needed a new off side calliper.
Also have a whiteline rear anti roll bar to go on, along with braided brake hoses.
Oh and I fitted a little subwoofer.

Brembo discs and pads fitted.
Braided Brake lines fitted.

Had a bit of a problem on Friday night.
Was testing boost levels using the OBD and so on....when a CV Joint decided to explode....so I've had a new one put on....new from TPS £110, but seems less genuine than the ebay ones, personally I would avoid buying from TPS again! But even after that, still having issues with constant rumbling coming from the front left suspension/wheel (since the CV Joint). Car goes back in the garage tomorrow.

Anti roll bar: Pointless!
I bought a whiteline anti roll bar, to improve the handling like everyone seems to rave about.
BUT, after inspection, the bloody thing is completely pointless!!
It bolts to the bottom of the shocks, which is the same area as the springs/hubs and everything, which is attached to the axle, as one entire piece.....it then gets secured onto the axle....so what the hell is it doing?
Re-enforcing the axle??!!?!?! I can see how a roll bar works on independent suspension, like the front or like a honda....but on a seat ibiza, no, its a waste of money and I'm flogging it back on!

Marcus_550

Feb 7, 2013
Stockton On Tees
can see where your coming from with the anti roll bar but when i installed mine, didn't think much to it apart from the fact i could take roundabouts little faster, read a few stories about changing the way you drive so iv gave that ago, never had the back end go before the rollbar but since fitting i tried the whole lift off thing in corner i found the back end does let go and gives more grip to the front, personally think ibizas handle like wank anyway, had a 2.0l fiesta st before the cupra and even on 100 quid springs and 50 quid a side kuhmos on the front would run rings around the ibiza, seen people pour thousands to get them to handle good, stick with it and adjust driving style and if u still can't get away just flog it on, just my 2 cents

can see where your coming from with the anti roll bar but when i installed mine, didn't think much to it apart from the fact i could take roundabouts little faster, read a few stories about changing the way you drive so iv gave that ago, never had the back end go before the rollbar but since fitting i tried the whole lift off thing in corner i found the back end does let go and gives more grip to the front, personally think ibizas handle like wank anyway, had a 2.0l fiesta st before the cupra and even on 100 quid springs and 50 quid a side kuhmos on the front would run rings around the ibiza, seen people pour thousands to get them to handle good, stick with it and adjust driving style and if u still can't get away just flog it on, just my 2 cents

That is fair enough, good to hear what other people think.
I'm going to sell it on, then further down the line I'll buy a brand new one, I'm getting all bracing too, the car does feel better once stiffened up, the strange thing is, you can almost feel the difference between my TDI (with bracing) and my cupra (without).

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Wow, £110 for CV Joint!

I've just finished mine tonight and it cost... £36 including a new CV Boot kit!

I have the Whiteline RARB and it made a massive difference, straight on hard setting and can take corners with confidence.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
I bought mine from Eurocarparts for £26 for Q-Drive CV joint and you will need a GKN CV boot kit as the one supplied the CV Joint is crap!

Trx-33

Oct 30, 2012
Personally I wouldn't touch ECP specials like Q-drive on essential drive train and suspension components, always go for an OE manufacturer like GKN, TRW, Brembo etc. for piece of mind. GKN are the OE suppliers of driveshafts where I work. I've just picked up a cv joint kit by GKN from euro car parts For around £50

Well after the CV Joint, I had a slight wobble/vibration, from the front left, spending on wheel speed and if I am turning, the more weight on the front left, so going round a right hand bend, it gets loud!
I've had both passenger side wheel bearings replaced with no fix, starting to think it may be the driveshaft?
Any ideas guys? pwwweeease :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.