Sat Nav Problems :(

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
Hi,

I picked up my new LCR yesterday (really loving it btw) but I think there is a problem with the Sat Nav unit. For the life of me I can't seem to get the unit to direct me. It finds places no problem, picks up gps signals, and tells me the roads that I'm travelling on. The problem is that when I punch in a destination the woman pipes up "calculating destinaion" and then never speaks again. The confusing thing is that to the right of the creen I can see the message "off road." This is a little wierd as it still displays this message while travelling own the M56.

Any Ideas!??

Is there some subscription that may be inactive!?

The car is an 05reg and the Sat Nave CD is dated 2004-2005.

Any opinions????

Thanks
Alex

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
Might be that it's not receiving a speed signal. The odd think is that it recognises I'm moving as I can see the roads that Im on and the map changes as I move from road to road :(...

Any ideas!? The manual isn't particularly helpful :(

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
Mine does this at times, to be honest i think its an old tech system that struggles, mine loves essex soon as i go anyfurther it starts to go wrong lol, make sure your NAVI cd is a real one and not a copy they have been known to play up.

D20vt

Sep 17, 2006
is your siemens plug correctly connected, this is the 30 pole black plug in the back, with 2 yellow wires who need the speed signal.
If they aren't connected, you'll never get a correct navi.
he navi knows where you are (GPS), and where your going (also GPS), but with no speed pulse, the navi doesn't know how fast you're going.Resulting in a constant position calculating Navi, with can't direct you.

My guess is the speed signal

grtz Dennis

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
Thanks everyone!

To check the Siemens plug do I need to pull out the Sat Nav unit?! Any easy way of doing this!?

Thanks
Alex

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
Hi,

I picked up my new LCR yesterday (really loving it btw) but I think there is a problem with the Sat Nav unit. For the life of me I can't seem to get the unit to direct me. It finds places no problem, picks up gps signals, and tells me the roads that I'm travelling on. The problem is that when I punch in a destination the woman pipes up "calculating destinaion" and then never speaks again. The confusing thing is that to the right of the creen I can see the message "off road." This is a little wierd as it still displays this message while travelling own the M56.

Any Ideas!??

Is there some subscription that may be inactive!?

The car is an 05reg and the Sat Nave CD is dated 2004-2005.

Any opinions????

Thanks
Alex

Sorry - Silly question - But you are selecting 'Start Guidance' right?

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
yes mate. The woman then says "calculating route." Thats when I would expect the directions to begin but they never do :(

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
How many satellites does it show as picked up on the system? Tried removing the CD, starting the system back up, and them reinserting the CD?

Do you see the blue line on the screen showing the route with no voice?

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
How many satellites does it show as picked up on the system? Tried removing the CD, starting the system back up, and them reinserting the CD?

Do you see the blue line on the screen showing the route with no voice?

Usually it picks up between 4 to 8 satellites. I have tried removing the CD and reinserting it but to no avail :(.

The blue arrow appears and the voice says "calculating route" but then she fails to say anything else. The arrow does move but it doesn't always point to the right direction. Its very strange :(...I'm wondering if it ever worked!?

Cheers
Alex

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
My rear speakers stopped working - And in the end the whole SAT NAV Head Unit had to be changed.

Luckily - it was all done under warranty!

Niall

Aug 6, 2003
www.testrake.com
Have a look at the settings and then manual position. Think this needs to be recalibrated as the arrow doens't move when there is no speed signal.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise