Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0040"
SystemName=" ECE 2014/15 "

I currently have:

ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0036"
SystemName=" ECE 2014 "

My car is less than a month old and the Navi system is already out of date!

However the system won't accept the files.

My SD card is V3 which is ECE 2013/14, does your SD card say version V4 ? I've just spoke to Seat parts in Leciester to order 5F0 060 884F who tells me an updated version (G I expect) is coming out in July which must be V5 SD card containing ECE 2014/15 maps. The parts guys don't seem to be able to link the activation document to the map version contained on the SD card - very frustrating.

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Just as an 'update' had a call from customer services this morning and they're still looking in to it. Contacting me again next week with an update.

Reactions: Andy

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
I had the 'F' card (v4 0036 ece2014) and Mapcare enabled, just made the update myself to the latest version ('H' 0040 ece2014/15). Everything worked as explained on the website.

Original F maps have file date 06.2013, updated H maps have file date 02.2014. Some newer version may be available soon

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I think gamer555 is in Brussels Europe where Mapcare can be enabled. As above, my info from SEAT executive office is that it is NOT coming to the UK any time soon if at all.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Right just been out to look at mine

Software 0425 refers to the devices "firmware" if its anything like the RNS310 this is only updated by the device manufacturer.

Navigation database - this is whats updated by the £130 SD cards from SEAT.

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My SD card is V3 which is ECE 2013/14, does your SD card say version V4 ? I've just spoke to Seat parts in Leciester to order 5F0 060 884F who tells me an updated version (G I expect) is coming out in July which must be V5 SD card containing ECE 2014/15 maps. The parts guys don't seem to be able to link the activation document to the map version contained on the SD card - very frustrating.

The card in my 280 that I got on Wed, is a (V5) 7RE/77Q and seems well up to date. Does anyone know if you can turn on speed cam locations, as I had on my Biza sat nav?:confused:

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I got told today that certain part/chassis no's cant be enabled for Mapcare (uk) apparently a technical bulletin will soon be issued to dealers giving guidance of what needs to be ordered to assist these customers. Think this will in the form of a new SD card but no costs given even though I though certain customers were losing out as cars won't accept the free updates, to call back shortly for an update of when the bulletin is launched.

balalaika

Sep 19, 2009
Slovenia
I think that everyone, who order Navigation system, should order Map Care too.

In my country Slovenia, Map Care cost only 109 EUR and with this you get 3 year of free updates (2x at year) :)

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London

In my country Slovenia, Map Care cost only 109 EUR and with this you get 3 year of free updates (2x at year) :)

I agree, but we live in rip-off Britain where we are milked for every last penny!

I wonder what the EU commisioners would say about this. We are supposed to have exactly the same rights as everyone else in Europe, but we do not have a right to Mapcare.

Think I'll write to my MEP, although I doubt it will be high on his list of things to do.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London

Here's a question for you. Your map data, does it cover all of western Europe including the UK, or is the UK not part of your system?

On my current car I can select anywhere in western Europe as it covers all of it.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
The whole problem is that the Countries act as great big Franchises carved up by the manufacturer. Each franchisee the makes as much money as the market will stand eg NOT Mapcare. On the plus side we got some good deals like free tech pack which other franchisee areas didn't get it

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
The whole problem is that the Countries act as great big Franchises carved up by the manufacturer. Each franchisee the makes as much money as the market will stand eg NOT Mapcare. On the plus side we got some good deals like free tech pack which other franchisee areas didn't get it

That is probably true. Howeve I suspect under EU legislation they are probably being naughty. If it was mobile phones or something similar then I suspect it would be different,