SatNav SD card update

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Is it too early for the Tarraco to search for SD card SatNav updates?
I saw the file was released in 10/1/2018 I assume this is 1st Oct 2018 ? Is there a new one out?

Would the process of downloading from VW work (and which car to choose) and replacing the with the original OVERALL.NDS file?

Thanks in advance

Tell

Staff member
Is it too early for the Tarraco to search for SD card SatNav updates?
I saw the file was released in 10/1/2018 I assume this is 1st Oct 2018 ? Is there a new one out?

Would the process of downloading from VW work (and which car to choose) and replacing the with the original OVERALL.NDS file?

Thanks in advance

You do the menu:

Press the “NAV” Button.
Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.

I bet yours is 1115 or 1030. Tends to be whatever card they have to hand to put in it at delivery.

You probably have a 12 month free update as a build code. I didn't bother, did the workaround.

The 1115 is the November 2018, we are due for the June release anytime now. Yoù pick it up off the VW Navigation website, say Allspace, Discover Media. It currently shows the 1115. All VW, Skoda, Seat files are the same. I'd use the All Europe... especially since you are planning to drive across Europe !.

VW site. The Skoda people say it will be here first, 20th June last year.

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/

See the useful thread.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-85

Also do a long press reboot of the unit with the card out ahead of the workaround.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Tonic

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
You do the menu the

Press the “NAV” Button.
Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.

I bet yours is 1115 or 1030. Tends to be whatever card they have to hand to put in it at delivery.

You probably have a 12 month free update as a build code. I didn't bother, did the workaround.

The 1115 is the November 2018, we are due for the June release anytime now. Yoù pick it up off the VW Navigation website, say Allspace, Discover Media. It currently shows the 1115. All VW, Skoda, Seat files are the same. I'd use the All Europe... especially since you are planning to drive across Europe !.

See the useful thread.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-85

Also do a long press reboot of the unit with the card out ahead of the workaround.
Nice one thanks! Will check version and post here ASAP.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
C2E274B7-7AC5-4166-B11A-FF3D3AE87258.jpeg

Yes it’s 1030. Gonna try update it now and see how it goes and then update later again when the new one comes

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Is it just the OVERALL.NDS file I need to copy form the old folder and replace it in the new folder?

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
I've got this in the current dbinfo.txt...do I need to edit anything?

ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="1030"
PartNumber2="5NA919866"
PartNumber3="5L0051236AH"
PartNumber4="6P0919866AF"
PartNumber5="7CE919866M"
SystemName="ECE1 2018/19"

Also do you reformat the SD card or just delete the folder and copy the new one?

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
I use a Mac. The download is going very slowly, looks like the download site is being hit hard or it's jsut rubbish.

I've copied the Map folder off the SD card as backup and backed up OVERALL.NDS now so once the download finishes I will unzip with the UnArchiver app and place the old OVERALL.NDS file in to EEC/EEC_WLD/ and then copy over to the SD card.

Tell

Staff member
It can run slowly. I download overnight but on rural microwave broadband it can have wobbles ;). Depends what other villagers are downloading... but they do go to bed early :).

The 1115 release they got the year serial number wrong it should be 2019, the serial year number they have used should be for this months release, so I don't know what they will call that. We'll find out.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
It can run slowly. I download overnight but on rural microwave broadband it can have wobbles ;). Depends what other villagers are downloading... but they do go to bed early :).

The 1115 release they got the year serial number wrong it should be 2019, the serial year number they have used should be for this months release, so I don't know what they will call that. We'll find out.
this bit: SystemName="ECE1 2018/19" ?

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
As a side note, did you bother downloading the radio station logos from the same site?

I have them on USB stick and tried importing one, it works but needs to be done on by one as far as I can see so can't be bothered.

Tell

Staff member
As a side note, did you bother downloading the radio station logos from the same site?

I have them on USB stick and tried importing one, it works but needs to be done on by one as far as I can see so can't be bothered.

There is an undocumented trick... well it is documented now or could be on some stations like the BBC / RTE ones after tuning in you hold the saved station and it fills the icon, this came in with more recent firmware, previously they were pre-loaded. Over the air download. So that's press and hold once to make it a favourite, finger off, back onto the area which will be blank and long hold and the station icon may appear.

Then there are other stations, Classic FM for one, where you need the download. Think that wasn't on the VW site. I've used this site to supplement where they aren't transmitted over the air / in the unit and aren't in the VW database. Just add to the USB stick of the VW ones,

https://media.info/radio/how-to/radio-station-logos-for-your-volkswagen-or-skoda-radio

Think it's the Global radio ones that are not transmitted over the air / preloaded into the unit.

The long hold second press to load them on the button is a relatively new feature related to the firmware, previously they came preloaded and just appeared on the first press to store the station... Still there aren't too many presets :).

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
this bit: SystemName="ECE1 2018/19" ?

Yes the 1115 one will say it's 2019/20 which breaks their naming convention, it should have said 2019. It's always the year code ahead in the November release. Whilst the June release is current year / next year. So they messed up the convention. The high is right. This means whatever they release in the summer they have to dig themselves out of a filenaming error.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Ok, all copied across and updated just waiting for the car back to insert the updated SD card.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
C6437271-A84A-44AF-9D56-68E3B6D2A56F.jpeg
I'm sure it will go fine... saw a camouflaged green one on the road today. Possibly a bit too military looking for my liking.
Yep all good and working the only thing is I’ve got a different product now :)

Tell

Staff member
So you are all set up now for your European trip and can update to the very latest when that arrives anytime soon having mastered the workaround. I'm hoping they will fix the dual tow / non tow display but we'll see and the arrow for going round a round about beyond the first turn is fixed on the side panel, and motorway speeds... TomTom maps. The issues came up when they changed from HereMaps cartography with whoever was programming the material is not doing it very well.... as well as messing up the filenaming convention :).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.