Schocking news from insurance

bennai

May 17, 2007
Picking my new FR TDI up tomrrow, phone up to get the insurance changed over, asked them if i fitted a strut brace to the car how much would it cost, expected them to say nothing, and the woman came back with. Oh if you have that fitted we will not be able to insure this vehicle

Jesus!!:doh::cry::shrug:

bennai

May 17, 2007
LOL, these replies are fast! i just keep getting me email flashing syin new email from seat car club!

i dont know if ill be able to blag one to them! might just keep a socket handy and if anything happens (god forbid) il just take it off!

bennai

May 17, 2007
yea, i checked that out yesterday,

what tourque are they supposed to be tightened to as well

because you need a tourque wrench to fit it don't ya?

gazjones

its a seat accessory and accessories are part of standard equipment i belive, did you just say a strutbrace or seat sport one?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
why bother.

the reason the insurance companies do not like em is they can turn your car into a right off , in low speed shunts as they dissipate the shockwaves incorrectly away from crumple zones etc, if yiu don't tell em you are uninsured

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
lol how hard would u need to hit something to make the strut brace do damage. Presuming winging a curb is going 2 make it very easy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise