Schumi approached to drive for Mercedes Brawn

jamiebennett81

All I really hope for is that his hype in returning shows in his performance within the field and season, with some strong results. Lets hope the car does not let him down.

I cant help think though, that his age will be against him. Sometimes no matter how hard you train, physically you could be fitter than the rest, but you cannot account for your reaction speed, and being pitted against younger drivers like Hamilton, may have the edge over schuery on this aspect

Now all we need is Murray Walker back! god, I think he would work himself into a Frenzy with Schuey returning:lol:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
All I really hope for is that his hype in returning shows in his performance within the field and season, with some strong results. Lets hope the car does not let him down.

I cant help think though, that his age will be against him. Sometimes no matter how hard you train, physically you could be fitter than the rest, but you cannot account for your reaction speed, and being pitted against younger drivers like Hamilton, may have the edge over schuery on this aspect

Now all we need is Murray Walker back! god, I think he would work himself into a Frenzy with Schuey returning:lol:

Shuey has been top 3 in the karting events he's very keen at.. racing his fellow current F1 drivers...

I dont think he will have a fitness issue so long as his neck has recovered from the bike accident

good luck to him.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The man himself is due to be on the BBC News shortly, so they keep eluding to anyway. F1 presenter Jake has recently tweeted that he is at TV centre to interview a certain german F1 driver.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
schumachers0908_3.jpg

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Excellent. Now we'll see how good wonder boy Hamilton really is. :D

The battle of the two Merc teams should be interesting too, both British teams, but one with British drivers and one with Germans.

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!

The battle of the two Merc teams should be interesting too, both British teams, but one with British drivers and one with Germans.

Germany win on penalties (penalties inflicted by the not entirely unbiased FIA!) :D

jamiebennett81

sadly, this isn't the case. It is a larger element within F1 that the car decides who wins the championship and not the driver. As an example, Braun racing had the better car at the start of the season and were winning most races, but as soon as Mercedes started to catch up in terms of the handling of their car, LH started to get back into the game

call me synical......

J0N

Defected!

Mercedes GP is'nt British, is it? :shrug:

sadly, this isn't the case. It is a larger element within F1 that the car decides who wins the championship and not the driver. As an example, Braun racing had the better car at the start of the season and were winning most races, but as soon as Mercedes started to catch up in terms of the handling of their car, LH started to get back into the game

call me synical......

And let's not forget what might have happened if Red Bull had the double decker diffuser at the start of the 2009 season. I reckon things might have been very different.

mifune

You just try and kill me
Dec 19, 2009
NORN IRON
the last 2 seasons were rubbish ..massa was robbed at the last corner and mclarens car was made better by the FERRARIGATE SCANDAL and this year team brawn had a unfair advantage for the first 6 races was it ! and button never won since ...he was back to his usual fith , seventh or eight place or RET , F1 needs schumi back and they got their wish

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Mercedes GP is'nt British, is it? :shrug:

German owned but UK based. My money is on them racing under a german licence next year so technically not British.

Red Bull are based in Milton Keynes but race under an Austrian licence, Renault are near Oxford but are French.............. I could go on.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
UK Motorsport is the hub of World motorsport
we should be proud to home such teams here..
its in our blood
:)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
And let's not forget what might have happened if Red Bull had the double decker diffuser at the start of the 2009 season. I reckon things might have been very different.

Thats a red herring, it wasn't about teams having the double diffuser or not when the row errupted it was down to the whole car as a package, and BrawnGP got it bang on from the start.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.