Scratches and chips in the paint

Chris_FR

My Seat Leon is about 18 months old, I had 'Superguard' put on the paint work about 8 months ago and it is supposed to last for a couple of years apparently. However the paint work is already starting to look dim with scratches and stone chips appearing. Was searching through the forums and will follow some of the tips given but will this affect the 'Superguard' lacquer already on the car? :confused:

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
supaguard is such a ripoff, with all due respect i really hope you didnt have your pants pulled down at the dealers and actually paid for this. Supaguard consists of some 16year old apprentice monkey wiping your car over with a wet treated sponge which is sealed in a one use packet (but i can guarantte you the n.obs have re-used the same pad 10 times and kept the other 9 for their novas) and then your interior is sprayed until soaking wet and left to dry out...

....and thats it, nothing special, i'd love to know how exactly this stops your paint from requiring maintaining and if so, why isnt it provided at the factory?

Chris_FR

The superguard was thrown in when i bought the car. Yeah and the seats were damp for quite a long time after they'd 'sprayed' them. Do you know of any good products to polish the scratches and stone chips out? They have not gone as far as the metal only taken the black paint off.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Chris_FR said:
The superguard was thrown in when i bought the car. Yeah and the seats were damp for quite a long time after they'd 'sprayed' them. Do you know of any good products to polish the scratches and stone chips out? They have not gone as far as the metal only taken the black paint off.

If it's taken the paint off (rather than the lacquer) down to the undercoat the only way to fix them is to get them filled in / resprayed.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise