Formentor Front sensors

Jun 11, 2023
Hi, had a 20k service and had a diagnostic carried out as the sensors have not been working for months.

They say it is stone chips and that the sensors need replacing. There is no damage around rhe sensors but there appears to be a problem with the paint on 2 of the front sensors, and some chips.

To me this doesn't seem right, I've never had damage like this before and the car paint was protected with Gen-3 advanced formula Glasscoat.

Any ideas I can claim on this rather pay put £460 on top of the £125 diagnostic?
1000013410.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Unfortunately with stone chip damage, I don’t think either your car’s new car factory warranty or any warranty you might have been given for the Gen-3 ceramic coating product will cover fixing / replacing your parking sensors.

I’ve read of other cases where stone chips to parking sensors has been sufficient to stop them functioning. Cupra’s factory warranty will cover failure resulting from manufacturing defects but unfortunately it won’t cover failure caused by an external influence such as stone chips caused by projectile stones or other road debris.

A ceramic coating will help repel dirt and grime on the paintwork and make a car easier to clean, but it won’t prevent stone chips. I’ve seen Gen-3 advanced formula Glasscoat promoted on some motor dealer websites and reference to a 5 year warranty but there’s no mention of specifically what is and isn’t covered under the warranty. If you were given a similar 5 year warranty, then presumably you have some form of warranty document that outlines what is and isn’t covered; I’d be very surprised if stone chip damage was covered - I suspect the warranty cover is limited to the cost of reapplying the ceramic coating if it no longer effectively repels dirt and road grime.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Had the same on a '21 Audi A3. Dealer advised that not covered by warranty. Lucky for me my brother was staff and they put it through as warranty. Don't think there is anyway around it unless you can find someone other than the dealer to replace the sensor.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2023
Hmmm, I'm puzzled how such a small area is damaged when the surrounding paintwork is fine.

Also why are they trying to charge me for all new sensors when only 1 or 2 might be faulty? Just checking and the replacement genuine part can be bought for £45?? Seems a big con to me

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.