sealed the doors. now can't open them from inside

seamus66

Jun 25, 2016
Hi folks. I finally got round to resealling my doors today. Only did the fronts. Thanks for the guide that was posted. Anyway, no idea if it's worked till there's a downpour. I've got my fingers crossed. Tired of soggy carpets. Now I have a totally unexpected problem. After putting everything back together the inner door handles won't work. Had to wind the windows down to open from outside. When you've stopped laughing at me can someone please tell me where I went wrong. Thanks

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Did you clip the cable back onto the back of the inner door handle when you put the door
card back on?

seamus66

Jun 25, 2016
It was all still connected I think. Was wondering if the cable needs to be hooked round something to make it taught

Headsnap

Aug 14, 2014
Oxfordshire
There is a black clip that goes from the back of the hook to the door card which keeps the cable in place and gives the door handle something to hold the cable against to activate the mechanism. It could have come off during the fitting of the door card (happened to me once) or you might not have refitted it at all. Make sure it's properly fitted.

seamus66

Jun 25, 2016
thanks

Thanks very much. I was out at 8 this morning after reading your reply and back indoors by 20 past. You saved me loads of time and head scratching. Both doors fine now. Just hope the new seal works. Thanks again

seamus66

Jun 25, 2016
If anyone is putting off doing the seals for whatever reason I would urge u to do it. It might seem a bit daunting, taking the door cards off and stripping what's left of the old seal but the first door only took me 40 minutes and the second 30. Only did the fronts. We've had bucket loads of rain here in the north east over the last few days and my carpets are bone dry. Thanks again for the guide on here. Very happy

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.