seat 1.2 timing marks

paul long

does anyone know the timing marks foe seat 1.2 chain. mine has jumped at 44k and need to put on new kit

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
How much has it jumped? do you have bent valves too or has it only jumped a tooth or 2?

Timing marks will be in the Haynes manual for a 1.2 polo as there is no Haynes manual for an Ibiza mk4. :no:

paul long

i have full compression,spark,fuel,fire but no bang.have piston 1 tdc,inlet cam groove horizontal,exhaust cam groove facing 2o'clock-7o'clock.only jumped acouple of teeth i think.

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
you want to make sure you set them up using the cam locking tools otherwise you could end up doing what i did the first time round and have the cams 180degress out lol, ive just done mine again today and used the propper tools, makes life so much easier, but yeah, you need to look in the haynes manual for the polo for advice, dont just take peoples word on it.

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
ah right i see lol, thanks for that. ive just borrowed the cam locking tool of a lad who works at VW, i also heard the 1.2 3cylinders are an absolute ball ache of an engine :shrug: