Seat altea lx 2008 not starting some days

Jason callaghan

Nov 14, 2018
Hi all I have had the car for 6 months now. All was well until now. On some morning the car car will not start. The car will turn over but not fire up after two or more turns of the key nothing. Then after 3 minutes the car fire up no problem......the car runs fine I thought it might be heater plugs but the car will fire up on very cold frozen mornings....some body told me it might be diesel related...fuel sensor?.... Any help on this is issue will be great.......Jason..

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hello,
well, according to your description, this will be more or less vague guessing:
- AGR valve issue?
- glow plug(s)?
- compression issue?
- low battery?
- change from summer to winter fuel? (=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_diesel_fuel)

Regarding the first four assumptions, there should be most likely warning lamps lighting up in the instruments panel. As none of them are reported, fuel composition & quality might as well have some influence on starting behaviour.
An error scan (OBD) of the vehicle is strongly recommended to help isolate the cause.

Jason callaghan

Nov 14, 2018
New update....... Today I took the car into a garage. Mate of a mate.... And he did obd error check. He said it picked up 11 fault codes....wtf......he then cleared them all.and did it again, and only one fault came up......it was saying....12295. Camshaft position sensor (g40) no signal -intermittent..........do you think this is my next route to take......and is it a cheap fix. Many thanks.....jay.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Me not being too familiar with all those english special terms, I'd suggest some DIY .... i.e. do a Google search on "12295 Camshaft position sensor" and browse through the various results (some video and repair guidance).
Good luck & keep us updated :yes:

Jason callaghan

Nov 14, 2018
Klawit I will keep you updated mate......teeth2k I have only had the car just over 6 months mate....it's a diesel 1-9 with 136000 miles on the clock,I would of thought x owners might have done it because of high miles???

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
Klawit I will keep you updated mate......teeth2k I have only had the car just over 6 months mate....it's a diesel 1-9 with 136000 miles on the clock,I would of thought x owners might have done it because of high miles???
Reason I say this is because the cam sensor can play up if the cam wheel is out by 1mm. Easiest way to check is unplug the cam sensor and start the car, it will take a few more turns but fire into life within a couple of seconds, if that does then leave it unplugged for a few days and if it starts after a few times then u can almost certainly say either the timings out slightly or the sensors duff, it's what has happened to me

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.