Seat Altea uncomfortable seats

Seagull

I have just bought a black Seat Altea 1.9 TDI (2 weeks ago) and generally I am very pleased with it.One thing though, I find the driving position uncomfortable. I have tried moving it forward it and backward, up and down and can't get comfortable. Has anyone else had this problem? What am I doing wrong....

Tell

Staff member
hmmm well the sport model back in 2004 when launched was known for it's very comfortable driving position... I can only think that the 1.9 TDI doesn't have the same sporty bucket seats. I don't have the lumber in on mine, it's out I don't need to be pushed in my back, I sit up high and upright and fully enjoy. Steering wheel up high and just enough leg room between the steering wheel to hit the breaks.

The partner was hitting the lower seat lever by accident when getting in and out and that was causing an issue since unknown to me my seating position was falling, so perhaps best to check that nobody isn't changing the position once adjusted.

sosidge

Jun 5, 2004
I'm finding the seats in my Altea XL Reference very comfortable personally, firm with a little bit of support. I did take a little while to get comfortable in it, had to have the seat a little bit further back than I am used to, I think the unconventional floor-mounted throttle may have had something to do with it, I've had to slightly adjust my throttle foot position.

bobbycfc

Jun 6, 2007
Motherwell
I have an XL 2.0tdi Stylance and find that my left hand side can get sore. Its as if I am sitting "on top" of the side support on the left but inside the side support on the right, if that makes sense!

And I am not too fat either before anyone asks!

Tell

Staff member
The only thing I find with the seats of the Sports model is that you have to make sure your arranged before you sit down else it can get painful ;)... I could be bragging but perhaps that's a down side of all buckets seats that if things aren't placed correctly all that bumping about can get nasty since the seats are narrow and you are constricted.... so yes afraid I have to do what all sports men do at times now ever since I've had the car :). Not a problem for AlteaGirl or whatever her handle was...