SEAT approved warranty?

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
When I bought it, my 2.5 year old ABT came with 2 years warranty, a couple of services and MOT cover. There's around 6 months left to run on that. Anyone here know if that is renewable, and the cost? Thanks.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Yes, it can be extended. It's just an aftermarket warranty but it's a decent one. It's not cheap to renew it though. I can't remember how much it was but I remember deciding not to do it because of the cost. You can call the warranty company directly and they'll give you a quote.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for the replies. SEAT Financial Services have their name on it, so I'm not sure it's just an aftermarket warranty. I'd be wary about aftermarket, as they are often shite. It doesn't include the MOT repairs that is on my present warranty either. If I decide to keep the car for another 2 years when the present warranty runs out, I'll consider it. I think if the car required a replacement waterpump, that would be quite expensive. I didn't read through the small print, so I don't know if the new warranty would be transfereable like my present one is. A SEAT warranty would be something I'd want, if I was buying a £25k+ car.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Thanks for the replies. SEAT Financial Services have their name on it, so I'm not sure it's just an aftermarket warranty. I'd be wary about aftermarket, as they are often shite. It doesn't include the MOT repairs that is on my present warranty either. If I decide to keep the car for another 2 years when the present warranty runs out, I'll consider it. I think if the car required a replacement waterpump, that would be quite expensive. I didn't read through the small print, so I don't know if the new warranty would be transfereable like my present one is. A SEAT warranty would be something I'd want, if I was buying a £25k+ car.
Seat’s All-In product would give you MOT cover, in addition to two year’s warranty, two services and two years roadside assistance cover.

@moriarty provided a link in their post (#2 in this discussion thread) to information on the All-In product on Seat’s website. It states on the website who the provider is of each of the four elements (MOT, warranty, services and roadside assistance) of the All-In product. There are links on that webpage to the T&C’s of each of the four elements of the product so you can check out if it would give you the level of cover you’d be looking for.

Reactions: pauly1299

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Obviously it pays to make oneself familiar with all the terms and conditions. When I took my car for the first of the services and a MOT, I was under the impression the MOT fee was included, it wasn't. Though SEAT seemed to be including it, in one of their promotions at the time. Nearer renewal time I'll see if there are any other discount codes available.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Just had the All In Offer email from SEAT. Nearly £700, and although it includes the cost of 2 MOT's now, they've removed the repair element if it fails the MOT's. As I probably only do 5-6k a year, it seems a bit pricey.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Just had the All In Offer email from SEAT. Nearly £700, and although it includes the cost of 2 MOT's now, they've removed the repair element if it fails the MOT's. As I probably only do 5-6k a year, it seems a bit pricey.
I don't understand this? If a part fails under warranty, surely they have to repair it too? Or is it a parts only warranty?

Or is this just 1 minor, 1 major (service) and 2 x MOTs - similar to the old VW service plan? Rs and Cupras used to be excluded from this, so probably not too bad. Oil change and spark plugs was coming in at £340!

My car failed both 4th (lower wishbone bushes detached) and 5th (split upstream braided hose from GPF - emissions failure) year MOT and both repaired.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Ask them, It'll all be in the fine print. Apparently the cost of my MOT wasn't covered last year, because the supplying dealer hadn't stumped up for that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.