Seat Arona 1.5 evo 2020

Aug 24, 2023
Hi guys it’s my first thread on this forum. I recently purchased a 1.5 evo Arona and I’ve noticed on cold start it makes a right rattle! I have taken a video of the sound and the link is below. Does anyone know what the issue is or what it could be. Thank you Faz

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Is it just on initial start up ?
It’s hard to tell from the clip but it could be something as simple as being a bit “dry”. The oil drains to the sump and on start up it can sound a little rough. If the noise goes away after a few seconds and the oil level is ok I wouldn’t be to worried. My Formentor 1.5 sounded a little rough on start up. Failing that check things like heat shield or any other ancillary bits, haven’t heard any issues with 1.5 engines rattling.

Aug 24, 2023
Is it just on initial start up ?
It’s hard to tell from the clip but it could be something as simple as being a bit “dry”. The oil drains to the sump and on start up it can sound a little rough. If the noise goes away after a few seconds and the oil level is ok I wouldn’t be to worried. My Formentor 1.5 sounded a little rough on start up. Failing that check things like heat shield or any other ancillary bits, haven’t heard any issues with 1.5 engines rattling.
It is just on initial start up for about 30/40 seconds but it sounds a little dry definitely a rattle from the engine. The engine coolant level was low today and was only serviced last month so that’s surprised me. I topped it back up but the noise is defo still there. It’s going in on Tuesday for a check just hope they sort it out for me!

kevlaa

Altea Stylance / Arona FR Evo
Oct 12, 2010
s.wales
My 1.5 sounds the same, was told it was a characteristic of the engine. It only does it from cold.

Aug 24, 2023
My 1.5 sounds the same, was told it was a characteristic of the engine. It only does it from cold.
It sounds horrible. When I went for a test drive the first time that noise definitely wasn’t there. Almost sounds like a timing chain issue. I love Seats! Such a shame this car has soo many issues one after the other 🙈. I’m going to look for another aroma maybe 1.0 hoping that would be better

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.