Seat Ateca 2.0 tdi 115hp vs 150hp

Sep 10, 2022
Hello guys,

Is the 2.0tdi 115hp only tuned down compare to the 150hp version of the seat ateca 2020+? On the spec list it looks like its the exact same engine.

Tell

Staff member
I doubt it. You would have to do a bit more digging on engine codes in the Vag group which will be common. You can splash out and get the Erwin material. Pretty detailed.

My 2.0TDI is 190... always think buy early get more 😍. Suspect it may put out more pollution or something.There was a 1.6 engine which didn't use adblue back in 2016. Suspect the 2.0TDI 115 serves the purpose of putting that on SCR, so the engine is used for a like for like replacement to the less clean 1.6.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hello guys,

Is the 2.0tdi 115hp only tuned down compare to the 150hp version of the seat ateca 2020+? On the spec list it looks like its the exact same engine.

Well there are different base engine part numbers between both power outputs! with over £700 increase in price for the higher power base engine.
Though crank, pistons and cams are the same - probably the block has different/additional features?
1681888756056.png

Different flywheel and clutch, different turbo.

Having said that - I can see chip tuning company listing the same power/torque increase for both 115 & 150 versions! upto 195 and 430Nm!

Tell

Staff member
You wouldn't want the power delivered on a DQ200 DSG gear box if it had that. Part of the DQ200 gear box debate that VAG put them on cars above 1 litre but any power tuning above the spec would give you warranty problems if it broke. Would be true for all gear boxes. On the 1litre models with the DQ200 they are considered to be fine 🤔. We don't have a problem with a 1litre 3 cylinder engine on a DSG DQ200 Arona takes the local hills without problems.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.